Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stefany

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

Well well well . for those who have gone for a trial of 100 % TCA, tell me how it goes. Will it make your scar wider? I hope not

dcychanhk

With the few scars I have that I can't see yhe bottom of it's because they are so small in diameter, about as big around ad a needle.

My first batch of TCA came in crystal form so I know it's 100% and I can tell you that 100% TCA will make you frost up to a milk white. If yours doesn't frost up to a milk white than it may not be 100%.

Just got the 50% TCA today. I expect to receive the 100% too I ordered in a few days. I shall try each on different pits and see what difference it makes.

Maya:

I only have polysporin handy at home. Can I use it to replace neosporin or the honey you used to cover the treated spots?

Gawd! Please let this work! Thanks.

OK Aha That's what i mean , some scars i got are small in diameter and i do agree with you it's hard to see the bottom of those scars but those scars aren't necessarily ice picks . So did they go away after your first trial of 100 % TCA? another person informed me that a 1/3 oz TCA can work for 10 treatments. So i can basically put on the 100 % TCA once in EACH month for another 10 months?!

Well, I cancelled my TCA treatment. I've decided to do about 3 or 4 SBs first, then incorporate the TCA into the plan. I want to see if the SB is going to start filling in first. I have way more not so deep scars than I do deep ones.

I 'm going to have to just contain myself and realize it's not a fast process, but I'm really happy that I've started treatments. One step starts the journey! (or something like that)

Take care,

Skinny

there's COOL . i hope i can get rid of all of my scars with domestic TCA peel done by myself . Man i have 100 tiny scars and new are still forming . fortunately.. all are superficial i guess if they can be reduced by 5/6 , i will be appreciated enough . Then i can think of doing smoothbeam and other stuffs to reduce the pores. ^^ Ok. let's all wait for the dealer to send us the stuff and work that out on all our scars !

I saw a person recommended messaging Paula's Choice Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum while undergoing the 100 % TCA peel to prevent hyperpigmentation . Who has done the TCA peel without messaging any topical creams? Hmm. i am a guy , so i dun think i can put on any make up to conceal the scabs . So how long will my skin go back to normal stage ? iN additon to that , does anyone suggest anything different from Paula's Choice Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum to prevent hyperpigmentation ? I am trying to search for a cost effective cream

OK  Aha That's what i mean , some scars i got   are small in diameter and   i do agree with you it's hard to see the bottom  of those scars  but those scars aren't necessarily ice picks . So  did they go away after your first  trial of 100 % TCA?   another person informed me that   a 1/3 oz  TCA can work for 10 treatments.  So i can basically put on the 100 % TCA once in EACH  month for another 10 months?!

Well I test treated one pit on my nose with the 50% TCA. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me.

The toothpick I use looks like the look wooden sticks in the TCA study document. The deeper I poke, the wider I am stretching my (nose) scar (because the shaft's diameter increases). Is there a kind of toothpick that is not as "fat"? What kind of toothpick do you guys use? I don't want to make the pit any wider than it is.

The pit frosted after some 10 - 15 seconds. But not the whole pit, just the inside wall of the pit, I can still see a tiny hole surrounded by the frosting. Is this normal.

Thanks!

Maya, thanks for answering my previous questions!

I was wondering how far in advance (and why) retin-a use needs to be discontinued before performing CROSS.

Is it okay to start using it afterwards to shorten the hyperpigmentation period?

Do any topical products help with CROSS by speeding collagen production?

Can TCA be applied to small scars on one's nose?

chiefjefe,

I got my TCA from the internet but the person who gave it to me free of charge aksed me not to pass her name on so I won't.

Imbue

Yes I have and I've posted on this thread about it.

3 week update:

The TCA is coming on better than I could have imagined - I am 3 weeks into my first treatment and I see improvements in ALL the pits I treated. A few of them actually looked larger for 1 week after the scabs fell off (I was a little worried) - but those ones have actually performed better. I know I am meant to have 6 treatments (or more on 50%) to get really good results - but I can tell you this, a couple of the smaller (really tiny ones) pits have just dissapeared - yeah!! GONE for good! I can hardly believe it myself. And I am seeing improvements all the time. Of course, on my large boxscars it will take several treatments to see good results - but I KNOW this is my best treatment so far - crazy really, I have had 4 visits to the most famous derm in the UK (Dr Chu) and I am doing better on the TCA which only cost me $40!!

And the hyperpigmentation isn't too bad (not nearly as bad as with excision) - in fact, my 2 month old excision scars look more red than my 3 week old TCA treatments - I think it's because excision wounds good skin too, not just scar tissue.

One word of warning - when the scabs come off, you may think - OMG, the pits are a little bigger (this is a slight trick of the eye, coz the scabs cover the pits) - but within a few days they just start shrinking - it's so cool (can you feel my excitement??? biggrin.gif )

I am also applying a little retin-a-micro to the pits each night - that seem to be helping - also, I performed a lactic peel last week which did sting and make my pits turn pink (normally it doesn't) and I think that's due to the retin-a-micro use - and I had some minor (paleish) re-scabbing on the treated TCA pits for a few days - BUT, the scabs/flakiness fell off after a couple of days and the scars again had shrunk!! Yay!!! biggrin.gif

The pit frosted after some 10 - 15 seconds.  But not the whole pit, just the inside wall of the pit, I can still see a tiny hole surrounded by the frosting.  Is this normal.

Maya:

I only have polysporin handy at home.  Can I use it to replace neosporin or the honey you used to cover the treated spots?

Gawd! Please let this work!  Thanks.