Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Think Positive

MAKEUPARTISTSCHOICE

I am thinking about trying the 40% Lactic Acid peel from Makeupartistschoice.Seeing I have never used a Lactic Acid peel before I would rather start with a 40% rather than the 50% that Home Peels offers.I wondered if anyone can tell me about the PH Prep solution that they tell you to use both before and after the peel.I sent an Email to Makeupartistschoice to ask them if both the Lactic Acid and PH Prep solutions are 1 OZ. each and I use the prep twice(before and after)for each time I use the Lactic acid,I would run out of the Prep long before the Lactic acid.There reply was that if I ran out of the PH Prep,just go buy Witch Hazel at the drug store.If that is all this solution is made up from,it might be better to use the Lactic Acid alone.Maybe someone can tell me more about the PH Prep and what they think about it. :D

I use the MUAC lactic acid, and I definitely go through the PH Prep solution much faster than the acid. It really only takes a small amount of acid because it's a thick liquid, but the PH prep is more like water - it evaporates quickly on the skin and it takes a lot of it to soak a cotton ball.

I stopped using it before I put the acid on and haven't noticed a difference in how my skin reacts.

The prep solution is not essential - it is mainly alcohol based and meant to remove every trace of oil and dirt from your face b4 using a peel. If you just wash your face well b4 the peel, that will be fine. You don't need to use prep after a peel.