Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have really bad acne and i cant afford makeup!! its so horrible..my firend gave me this stuff though and i dont know what to do, its to dark for me and looks scaly and fake when i put it on.help!

Did she give you foundation? Is it in a bottle or is it solid in a tube? Make sure it's oil-free or else it'll worsen your acne. Tell me more about what she gave you so that we can have a better idea of what you're using.

yes it was a foundation covergirl oil control it goes on really blotchy but that might just be something im doing wrong

Well, I don't know anything about Cover Girl Oil Control Foundation. Check to make sure it's oil-free. It should say "oil-free" or "non-comedogenic" somewhere on the bottle if it is oil-free.

I guess if you can't afford make-up, then you'll just have to use the one your friend gave you, even though it's too dark for your face. You'll have to decide if it's better to be without the foundation or with the foundation that's not the right shade.

If it's going on splotchy, you probably need to make sure your face is clean before applying it. If you just put it on without washing your face first, the the oil on your face will make it darker in some areas and lighter in others.

You can use your fingers (wash them first) to apply it or get some make-up sponges. Dot some on your forehead, cheeks, chin and nose and blend it evenly on your face.

Dear Sad girl, I've been wearing makeup for years and I have some stuff that I no longer use, I have fair skin so the makeup is in light colors, but I can send it to you so you can try some and see how it works. I only use powders and they go on nicely, I did switch to Aromaleigh makeup as i did think these talc based makeups were irritating my skin, I don't know how they would react on yours, So let me know at [email protected] thanks Nancy , myrl on this site

Thanks!! ill email you soon.I dont know how talc would be on my skin either?oh well im sure it wont have bad effects.And thanks Kristina for the advice!!

Hey,

It is better to not use foundation, than to use an incorrect colour since it will just be more obvious. The best thing you can do would be to try a colour correcting base. This will moisturise and cancel out the redness without adding on your colour.

If it applies blotchy, are you applying it on cleansed, toned and moisturised skin? If not, cleanse, tone and moisturise and try to apply the darker foundation very minimally and subtley on the most problematic areas. If it is too dark, dilute it with some oil-free moisturiser on the back of your hand.