Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nickzx

Using regimen in the summer?

I live in New York City where the summer is very hot and humid, so its basicly impossible to go out and dont sweat.

i noticed that when i sweat just a little on my forehead (my acne-prone area) this white residue comes out , which i suspect is BP not a moisturizer. is there anyway to get around this? Maybe using less BP?

if i dont find a solution i'll be forced to use BP only at night,but i'm affraid its not gonna be enough and i'll break out again.

any advice?

I don't know, but I do know how HOT it can get in NYC. My suggestion is to limit the reg in the morning & make sure it's totally absorbed, apply sunsceen, blot. And you'll probably have to blot all day long, but I do know that bp bleaches clothes, especially sweaty clothes. Sweating is a good eliminatory process, so maybe revise your diet for the summer so you'll be "detoxing" cleaner while you sweat in all that city air.{Gasp!} Like max out w/ H2O, alkanizing fruit like cantelope, watermelon, cut down the salt, etc.

Also!!!! U might want to write a journal of what you used and how it worked for next year so you don't have to wonder every season change...."What's my skin gonna do NOW???"

P.S. I surf all summer and live in So.Cal. so I have a modified regimen anyway to account for our heat, dryness, and winds.

Namaste'

what do you mean by limit the regimen in the morning? Apply less?

when i apply BP it leaves no trace of white after 20 mins(so i guess it absorbs completely?) but if i sweat even for a second it comes out in those spots.

Yeah I spot treat in the morning, unless I'm OTR, then I do the regimen exactly. I teach yoga so I sweat everyday, and if I had all that bp on my face, rubbed in or not, I'd be dripping Benzoyl-Sweat all over my students, and they would not like bleach marks on their $40 yoga pants. When I have to up the dose, I have a white towel I use for blotting, but my point is, only the absorbed bp is working anyway, so any extra will be dripping down your face in the heat. Good luck!

using sport gel sunscreen on top of benoyl peroxide would be the best thing i guess. they are sweat resistant. i live in san diego and just started the regimen, so i guess i got come up with a solution too.