Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After i read that benzoyl peroxide kills acne bacteria using oxygen, a little bottle in my bathroom cought my attention. Big sign H2O2 [hydrogen peroxide] 3%.

You are propably familiar with using a low grade 3% hydrogen peroxide on cuts and scrapes.

Since it's a powerful oxidizer and acne doesn't like oxygen would it be any good

if you'd use it to get rid off it?

Even though i read it decays into plain water very quickly [ so i guess its pretty safe ] is it any good against acne?

maybe its worth a try, i mean, after using all those things we all used ;p....user posted image

After i read that benzoyl peroxide kills acne bacteria using oxygen, a little bottle in my bathroom cought my attention. Big sign H2O2 [hydrogen peroxide] 3%.

You are propably familiar with using a low grade 3% hydrogen peroxide on cuts and scrapes.

Since it's a powerful oxidizer and acne doesn't like oxygen would it be any good

Even though i read it decays into plain water very quickly [ so i guess its pretty safe ] is it any good against acne?

maybe its worth a try, i mean, after using all those things we all used ;p....user posted image

I've heard its not good to use because it creates free radicals in your skin. I don't really know what that means, but thats just the responses I've seen to other people asking about it.

Chris,

I just got this japanese ointment that contains chlorhexidine digluconate and hydrophilic. I read the neosporin thread and decided to get something similar but the clerk at the pharmacy told me to get this thing called ORONINE OINTMENT which is made for the treatment of acne. I really hope it works!

Chris,

I just got this japanese ointment that contains chlorhexidine digluconate and hydrophilic. I read the neosporin thread and decided to get something similar but the clerk at the pharmacy told me to get this thing called ORONINE OINTMENT which is made for the treatment of acne. I really hope it works!

I've heard its not good to use because it creates free radicals in your skin. I don't really know what that means, but thats just the responses I've seen to other people asking about it.

it works great for acne buuuuut it is like alcohol in that it causes free radical damage. so it should not be used to treat acne.