Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
browny

Acne Scarring for brown skin

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and I've been suffering from a mild case of acne for two years now. Everytime I look at my face I feel like busting out in tears. I have a dark complexion, dark brown (indian) and I have even darker brown spots all over my forehead and cheeks. This is due to me popping some of my zits. I never knew I'll get spots though. I've been trying to get rid of the the dark spots for months and its still there. Is there anyway to get rid of the spots on my face? PLEASE HELP!!! I'm not talking about scars that are pitted and stuff, but these scars are even with my skin; but discolored. They're just dark spots and I feel so embarassed, depressed, and sometimes suicidal. thanks.

browny

Hey browny - I am half Indian - try lactic peels or the vinegar method. Go to the top of this page and do a search on these 2 subjects.

Okay thanks for the reply, really informative, but the question is will it work?? I've heard of a thing called microdermabrasion, would that get rid of the marks??? I saw a commercial for it on tv and saw several products for it. Another question for Maya, no offense, but it seems like you put on a lot of things on your face from what I've been reading. Do you have any before and after pictures?? It would be really helpful. thanks

-Browny

Browny - I do have photos - I won't give them out to new posters, sorry - but you can ask some of the regulars what they think of my skin tone if you like - a few posters like Jay and OursFan have seen recent photos

And, yes, I've had some microdermabrasion too which does help with pigmentation if conducted by the right person, using the right machine. Otherwise, it can cause skin damage..

Hi Browny

One thing that will probably help for your condition is Mandelic acid.This is an AHA made from bitter almonds and is used by dark skinned people.You can find more info about it by going to www.nucelle.ca or SkinCareRx.com(then click on alpha hydroxy acids).I live in San Antonio,Texas where there is a large percent of Hispanics and one of the clinics here uses the Mandelic acid to treat dark skinned individuals with skin conditions like yours.hope this helps. O:)

How do I know this works?? Do you have any pictures to show before and after photos?? And why are you so confident on this product?? Sorry about the intense questioning but you are as well a newbie and I don't know whether you are a promotor of the product or a user. Oh btw, I've tried the vinegar thing; and MY GOD is it painful. I'm never gonna use that again. Way too strong. I think the best method would be time, patience, diet, mild cleansing, and vitamin enriched lotions/cremes. I hope that does the work.

-Browny

No I don't work for the company.You ask why am I so confident that the mandelic acid will work.All I said is this is a product that may probably help.I have never used Mandelic acid but I have very fair skin and I have mild scarring so I have been using the Exfol serum and Copper Peptide serum from Skin Biology.I am thinking about trying the 40% Lactic Acid peel from Makeupartistschoice.I may be a Newbie but I have been reading the board for a couple of months and have been surfing the internet for over a year to see what is best for facial scarring.I have ordered and used everything from Elicina to rosehip oil,Helichrysum,several other herbal oils and none of them helped even my mild scarring.I am seeing some results from the CP and Exfol serum though.I mentiond in my post that I live in San Antonio,tx where the population is about 60% Hispanics with dark skin.I went to a Dermatology Clinic about 7 months ago to have some laser work done on my facial spider veins.That is where I saw info on the Mandelic Acid so I asked the Doctor and he told me that Mandelic acid works just as good as Glycolic acid but for many dark skinned people it is the only AHA they can use.I looked it up on the internet and that is why I gave you the sites in order for you to look it up and decide for yourself if you wanted to use it.I can only go by what I read and what the Doctor told me.As far as the Vinegar,I didn't mention that in my post so I can't address your problem on that...SORRY.I do want to add that I have been reading this board for a couple of months and believe me when I tell you browny that people really try to help each other here and that is why after reading numerous posts for a couple of months I felt is was worth while joining this very nice group of people.

i bought that stuff about 2 years ago and all it did was make my shit look like CRAP! trust me, im african american and it just made things worser...

I'm from SA as well! I'm in the Northern part and I would appreciate it if you could please possibly provide me with a phone number for such a clinic (via PM)? Also, I'm on Accutane at the moment, so I'm not too sure if I would be able to get one of these acid peels done yet. I'd have to check with my derm. I too have brown skin. (Filipino/Spanish). My acne case is pretty unfortunate. I have minor acne scars on my face, however for the past couple years I've had major acne scars on my shoulders:(. It's really depressing at times, but I try to not let it bug me too much. It's really been keeping me away from trying to have relationships with the ladies tho:( Oh man, and I don't think I'll ever go swimming without my shirt off anytime soon either.

The name of the clinic is The Dermatology and Laser center of San Antonio,Phone number 210-614-3355.they will be able to tell you more about Mandelic acid because they use it alot on dark skinned individuals.Hope this helps