Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay here's the deal. I've got lots of whiteheads on my back, like the ones that aren't to noticable unless you go real close. But i've got quite alot of them . i ve just started going to this beauty place where they treat your skin. The thing is they tend to squeeze all that you've got. i ended up going home last week with new red marks-althugh i know they want to clean out everything, i don't know if i can take having red marks on my back! especially since it's summer and I can only afford for 5 treatments so i know it won't be perfect after 5 treatments. So i was thinking to tell them to just do everything else but the squeezing part. BUT, if i leave them, what if they turn into pimples?? will they?? I"m often very confused about these white heads and i'm desperate for advice. is there any way i can treat them without them breaking out? will they go by them selves? or will they turn into pimples and then go away? I ahve this problem with my face also. PLease answer...thanks

Only Accutane and time can definitely cure acne. I think beauty place is a good way to quicken the result of an other treatment. But sure, zits will recur. I don't know how long it'll take, but it will. Probably 2 weeks after the treatment.

One advice : Try to find a real daily treatment that works on the cause, rather than the effect, and that fit.

I had blackheads and whiteheads on my back, too, but when I started taking Doryx (oral antibiotics), they all disappeared within a month. My back is super smooth now. I also put Duac on my back at night...it's a prescription gel.

I had blackheads and whiteheads on my back, too, but when I started taking Doryx (oral antibiotics), they all disappeared within a month. My back is super smooth now. I also put Duac on my back at night...it's a prescription gel.[/quot

thanks for replying guys i apreciate very much. Kristina, i'm taking Doxycline oral antibiotics, but it hasn't had much affect on my back just my face... how long have you been on it for? Did they just disappear? Do you know if Duac is similar to Differin as i apply that to my face. Where can i get Duac? sorry for all the questions..

I've been on Doryx for a little over two months now. I noticed when I would shower that my back didn't feel as bumpy, and then soon it was smooth. It didn't change overnight, though. After the first month was when it started getting really smooth, fewer bumps, and then finally smooth, although I still have red flat marks from where the old pimples were.

Duac is completely different from Differin. I actually used Differin for about three months, and all it did was make my face scaly, red, and didn't do anything about the zits. Duac is benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin together in one gel. After about one week using Duac/Doryx, my face was less oily and the red zits stopped appearing. Since, then things have just gotten better. Although I still get sporadic breakouts now and again, the zits aren't big, but mainly just pink spots that are easily covered with concealer.

I thought I had chest acne, but my derm said it was dermatitis, and he gave me this hydrocortizone cream to put on it. So far it's working....i don't have bumps on my chest anymore and it's no longer itchy. I'm just mentioning this in case you have dermatitis on your back and not actual acne.