Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AntzinPantz

2nd CO2 not looking good

Okay so it is now a full week since my second CO2 resurfacing treatment and pretty much all the swelling has gone down. So has the look of improvement in my skin which I knew it would, but its still slung me into depression. I'm looking at an overall improvement of maybe 40% which may creep up a little over the next few months as collagen forms.

GUS_TOMATO if you are reading this, how long was it before you thought you're improvement was 50-70% after your second treatment?

I've already booked a consultation for Isolagen treatment, I can't see my skin improving much beyond 50% based on how little it improved months after my first CO2.

sigh

:D

AntzinPantz,

probably it takes some time for yr 2nd co2 to work out..

injectable fillers looks promising now, i heard of temporary type like those of perlane. too bad i don't have the $$ means to give it a shot.. ](*,)

good luck and take care.

Antz, Isolagen does seem to be the dogs bollocks in terms of scar treatment at the moment, you should also look into subcision and n-lite.

who are you going to see, Dr Chu?

--CS

p.s. your scars are no where near as bad as you always make out in your posts, plus your very good looking, so dont get depressed, you've got it pretty sweet in comparison to most other people on theses boards.

crappyskin - I have seen APs photos too and she did look good to me, but from my expereince of photography, a photo can really minimise lots of scarring. I doubt there is anyway she would have gone ahead with 2 X CO2 treatments if her scars weren't bad.

When's your appointment AP?

crappyskin - I have seen APs photos too and she did look good to me, but from my expereince of photography, a photo can really minimise lots of scarring. I doubt there is anyway she would have gone ahead with 2 X CO2 treatments if her scars weren't bad.

true, which is why I dont mind my photo being taken, my scars almost disappear! unless someone decides to do an extream close up! <shudder>

--CS

Okay so it i

GUS_TOMATO if you are reading this, how long was it before you thought you're improvement was 50-70% after your second treatment?

:D

I'd have to say as soon as the swelling went down, and I went back to work. I noticed straight away that I was able to FINALLY look into a mirror at a reasonable distance (car wing mirror for e.g.) and not cringe and look away in disgust.

My scars are by no means gone - just not as deep. I'd love to get it done again - but the thought of more damage to the epidermis genuinely scare me.

But please don't lose hope - Its been a year since I got it done, and I've seen a constant improvement since then.

So, give it a chance - let your skin 'settle down'.

Thanks for letting me know GUS. I really can't see much difference since my swelling has gone down except the skin looks a bit softer overall rounding of my scars even more. Judging by how much improvement I got over time from the first treatment I estimate that my overall improvement from two CO2 procedures to only be around the 40% mark. If I hadn't had gained more scars from the first treatment that figure would be higher. What is the point of any treatment that trades a bad scar for a different looking yet equally horrible scar?

I'm not sure how much improvement it will give me in a year as I'm not waiting around anymore and I'm arranging to have Isolagen done asap. Hang the cost, the only consistently good treatment I here about without bad side effects and immediate results are fillers. I'm going to pay to have some cells put in storage as well to put my mind at ease in case my scars come back in the future.

I think I'm going to really regret having laser in the long run, but I hadn't even heard about Isolagen and all the doctors I saw said laser was the best treatment option.

One more question for you GUS. Did you're skin look fairly natural straight away or was it after a few months? At the moment my skin looks as waxy and odd as before the procedure.

thanks

My skin looked totally natural - I was almost completely healed up after 1 week!

When I first got it done it took over two weeks to heal.

What is Isolagen??

I am kind of wondering if Isolagen helps with any type of scarring, even those caused by CO2. On their website there is a woman who had severe burning from a laser on her forehead and the skin looked better after treatment with Isolagen (although they hid her forehead on the very last photo #-o ).

Some of my scarring looks like connected cracks rather than individual scars since the CO2. Are deep wrinkles anything like scars? I presume that if the fat layer is perfect, but the dermis is damaged then a good result can come from using fillers. If the fat layer is damaged would that mean the filler won't be as effective or is it the other way around?

Hm.

How are you doing antzinpants? Hanging in there? How's the healing going?

Is isolagen available in the US? anyone know?

Yeah I'm okay, just very disappointed and a bit depressed. There doesn't seem to be any skin damage this time around as I think my derm didn't go as deep, but i won't know the true picture for months to come.

Isolagen won't be available in the US fora little while yet, they are waiting on FDA approval. I can't really afford to have Isolagen, but my scarring is getting me so down I can't bear putting it off.

It did occur to me that having Isolagen injections while I'm still healing from CO2 may be like that chinese method of resurfacing the skin then injecting skin cells with a 'smooth' memory that I read somewhere.

One thing I'm not sure about is whether or not Isolagen will help my shallower scars as well as the deep ones. If anyone here has already spoken to an Isoagen doctor it would be cool if you can tell me. I'll find out in a couple of weeks anyway.

Hang in there Antz - the depression is so difficult isn't it? I have been so depressed ( I cry so much, it seems). I feel like i can really relate to you because it seems that the scarring is relatively new you, too (mine is only about two months old)... Also I had such perfect skin most of my life and now this.... and I used to be pretty too. It's so hard getting accustomed to the scarring - psychologically, emotionally and physically. And I mean no offense ot the guys but I still feel like it's worse for women...

Your in my thoughts Antz. I hope you get better....

Thanks Mary, I feel for you too. I've only had severe scarring for a year, but had skin problems for 2 years. I'm finding it difficult to adjust to not having clear skin and how different people treat me now. The worst part was my personality was the same for a while after the scarring began, but so many bad things happened to me because of it my old self has gone into hiding.

I used to have guys fighting over me, now I have them laughing at me.. sure is hard. :D