Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thomas

Ouch! I left the lactic acid on too long... HELP!

I did something really stupid. Well I ordered the 50% lactic acid and put it on for one minute, but didn't see any results, so I put it on again, but this time for 3 minutes, which admittedly was not very intelligent, but I was just so eager to see results I guess.

So now my skin is all red and dry and beginning to scab up! It's not completely awful and doesn't hurt. But it does not look good and I certainly do not want to go out of the house looking like this.

Is there anything I can do to help my skin heal faster now that I've stupidly done this to myself?

Should I keep my face moist or dry to make the scabs heal faster? Should I put anything on it?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, keep it moist. Just cover with moisteriser. You could also splash ice water on it and keep doing that all day.

It is unlikely to scab, but it may eventually peel a little - you won't have done any permanant damage, so don't worry OK?

hi maya

first of all thankyou for always responding to my posts so quickly! I really appreciate it.

My skin is scabing up on my inner cheeks just above my mouth! I guess the acid took off to much skin...so now it is flaky and scabby.

Anyone reading this: never never try to do a lactic acid peel twice! especially if it is your first time peeling. Not good.

Anyways, not the end of the world, but it looks so bad.

I'm wondering if I let the skin dry up if it will flake off sooner? it seems like keeping it moist would just prolong the scabbing? Maybe if I put vinegar on it, it will dry up?

If you keep it moist/ice it, you will find it heals quicker, the flakiness/scabbing will be gone within a week - don't pick the scabs (I know that's hard).

In a week, you will look much better. Trust me O:)

Don't worry thomas I did something similar not too long ago.... I was cmpletely panicked! it did take about a week to heal during which time m,y skin was red raw and scabbed. It's much better.... I don't think it improved my scars much but I also, thank God, don't think I caused any more scarring.. I kept putting neosprin on mine. But I think pure aloe vera may be very helpful as well.

oh yeah clear your schedule of the next week and don't pick the scabs! (I am very rarely successful at not picking but its real important )