Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

damn I hear of this milk thistle now and then?

what does it do, please elucidate us...

maybe it lowers cholesterol...?

Is thistle a plant with a round blossom that has prickles and stings when touched (I'm not a native Eng. speaker)?

I got the milk thistle which is in liquid form, now it tells me to take 35 drops 3 times a day as a dietry supplement. Well I am taking it for accutane and to prevent an elevated liver. and if I take it at that rate the bottle will be gone in 5-10 days. any advice?

I've recently bought a Polish supplement Sylimarol. It's actually composed of Milk Thistle, and contains 35 mg of the compund substance called sylimarion (or something).

The leaflet tells to take 2 pills 3 times a day after meals.

But what concernes me: this plant or herb is intended for cleaning the liver - BUT: Wouldn't it cancel the good side of Accutane i.e. the cumulated dosage which summed up till today and which decides whether your acne is going to return or not.

Just in other words: isn't it gonna disturb the proper anti-acne activity of accutane?

Dude I am taking milk thistle with accutane and now your scaring me after you people told me it would be ok. Would you please find out if it will interfere with accutane or not.. I am trying to find out my self. Thanx

I am still researching this issue :-s

but frankly, I doubt any interactions of milk thistle diminishing the beneficient effect of Accutane can occur.

I think so when I weigh the effect of a synthetic (artificial) drug, Accutane, which MUST be just several (if not more) times stronger than the natural remedy, milk thistle...

I take milk thistle whenever I don't forget about it, after a meal.