Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Heron

Post Accutane question

How long does it generally take for the effects of accutane to wear off? I have been off it for almost 3 years now and my face is still clear. will my acne ever come back(please no)?

Varies according to the individual. For me, it was about 2 years when the first pimple returned, but for years my acne was limited to my face and very mild, responding well to OTC treatments. It's now been about 15 years and has gradually worsened, become cystic and unresponsive again, and spread back to my trunk enough that i'm preparing for a 2nd course.

But who knows, many people clear and it never comes back at all. Good luck!

There is no "permanent" cure for acne. If you are not doing something in the area of a long-term maintenance therapy, then you will increase the chances that acne will one day return. If it doesn't return, then just count yourself lucky....

Guest Craigems

I got told by my derm, thats where many people fail... is on the maintenance..... YOU SHOULDNT DO ANYTHING TO YOUR FACE! thats what he said.... he said people forget and are soo consumed with putting cosmetic or anti acne treatment on their face it just causes it to spread more! He said basically all you need to do is put sunscreen on occasionally no moisturisors or anything!

If you get acne then spot treat with like clearasil or something, if you do that you shouldnt get any real problems in the future. PEOPLE forget that the skin has bacteria on it which is helpful for the skin... if you keep destroying them with peroxides and stuff, its just gonna cause more outbreaks. Anyways thats my belief and his 2.

There is no "permanent" cure for acne.  If you are not doing something in the area of a long-term maintenance therapy, then you will increase the chances that acne will one day return.  If it doesn't return, then just count yourself lucky....

How long does it generally take for the effects of accutane to wear off?  I have been off it for almost 3 years now and my face is still clear.  will my acne ever come back(please no)?

I got told by my derm, thats where many people fail... is on the maintenance..... YOU SHOULDNT DO ANYTHING TO YOUR FACE! thats what he said.... he said people forget and are soo consumed with putting cosmetic or anti acne treatment on their face it just causes it to spread more! He said basically all you need to do is put sunscreen on occasionally no moisturisors or anything!

If you get acne then spot treat with like clearasil or something, if you do that you shouldnt get any real problems in the future. PEOPLE forget that the skin has bacteria on it which is helpful for the skin... if you keep destroying them with peroxides and stuff, its just gonna cause more outbreaks. Anyways thats my belief and his 2.

PEOPLE forget that the skin has bacteria on it which is helpful for the skin... if you keep destroying them with peroxides and stuff, its just gonna cause more outbreaks. Anyways thats my belief and his 2.

Guest Craigems

i am also doing biology .. smile.gif at uni. Yeh thats right your destrouing the micro-organisims on your skin therefore causing more harm then good, your destroying the balance of bacteria on your skin,

How long does it generally take for the effects of accutane to wear off?  I have been off it for almost 3 years now and my face is still clear.  will my acne ever come back(please no)?