Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristiana

Will powder clog up my pores?

I have oily skin. Sometimes it honestly looks like I poured cooking oil all over my face. Usually, I just use tissues to blot it away, but I was wondering about using power. Does it clog up your pores? Are there specific powders that are better for acne-prone skin? Thanks!

A good quality oil-free powder shouldn't clog your pores. I highly recommend Jane Iredale mineral makeup. They make a pressed-powder that is great.

Hi Kristiana :D

I remember my derm giving me make-up advice once (the guys like 60 yrs old but he really knew his stuff) and he told me that powder (including blusher and eyeshadow) are really unlikely to clog your pores. The worst culprits are foundation, concealer and moisturiser.

If your still a bit nervous then you can go for an oil-free, non-comodeogenic one thats proven not to clog your pores. Neutrogena Skin-Clearing pressed powder is good, its specially for spot-prone skin and contains Salicylic Acid to help unclog pores. If your in the UK, the one I use is No7 pressed powder which is also really good.

Ive also got REALLY oily skin. I find the best thing to do is use an oil-blotting sheet (Clean and Clear ones are really good) to really soak up all that oil before you use powder. That way your powder dosn't go all horrible and cakey and just sit on top of your oil.

Good Luck xxx