Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wally36

Topical Vitamin A so far better than Accutane

I was on Accutane two and a half times and was gonna go again but found this site the www.thevitamincure.com made alot of sense. Been on for about five months and I'm really looking fine with no bad symptoms and I don't hafta stop using it. I posted this on the other board but I thought you guys should know more about Accutane.

Guest Craigems

Who's to say if you took a 3rd accutane treatment you wouldnt be having the same results now and then not worrying again for the rest of your life...?

I've heard of them doing this rub on V-A treatment. Sounds good never done it however, good to see you like it ! and its producing results.... but the thought of using it forever would annoy me.

I've got to back up my buddy Wally on this one. I had also taken Accutane twice at doses up to 120 mg for periods of about 6 - 7 months. The second time I had to be taken off Accutane because of acute back spasms where I literally would be knocked off my feet and couldn't stand/sit/walk without pain. Even after all that, the acne still came back. I do believe I am getting way too old for this!! doubt.gif Anyway, the positive thing about Accutane was that it did get rid of my bacne and it hasn't returned. eusa_dance.gif Accutane is really a roll of the dice and I certainly understand being willing to take the chance. If I really thought it was going to get rid of acne permanently, I just may try again. But since I am quite certain I would have the same results, I use the topical vitamin A with fantastic results. I've come to the conclusion I am going to have to use something for the rest of my life, why not something that works without all the health risks?

Why wouldn't topical retinoic acid (like tretinoin) be better than regular vitamin a? I just feel skeptical towards it as there has not been any real proof of it working. I am really searching for something to help with oiliness though. On my forehead. Maybe I will try topical spironolactone.

Why wouldn't topical retinoic acid (like tretinoin) be better than regular vitamin a?  I just feel skeptical towards it as there has not been any real proof of it working.  I am really searching for something to help with oiliness though.  On my forehead.  Maybe I will try topical spironolactone.

Guest Craigems

I'm sure 100% topical vitamin A works... but really 80% of people are cured first time on tane, and 90% second round. Its rare and does happen for people to go on it a third dose. Look i guess it works for some and not for others... but i'd take accutane first before using topical vit A.

I was actually planning to go to the derm to get on Retin A. Then I heard about the topical vitamin A. So instead of waiting two months for an appointment, wasting my money to pay the dr and pay for a script I thought I would at least try the over-the-counter first. So far I have had great results!

after trying B5 for nearly 3 months to absolutely no avail, im very skeptical about anything that isnt offered through a doctor and hasnt been trialed properly.

Im coming to the conclusion that these kinda things are largely scams, tho this topical vit-A sounds promising and id be happy to give it a shot if they sent it over to the UK, do they?

Im coming to the conclusion that these kinda things are largely scams, tho this topical vit-A sounds promising and id be happy to give it a shot if they sent it over to the UK, do they?