Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScarFAceWoman

I am really shocked!!! Vinegar works!

I don't understand, or hope it isn't just my imagination, but since reading about the vingegar on your face for acne scars, some of my scars seemed to have diminished!! I don't understand,, why did laser surgery and dermabrasion for thousands of dollars do squat, but, a $2.00 bottle of Malt Vinegar from the grocery store is helping them? I don't get it? What exactly does the vinegar do? I am very happy, even my mom said my face looked smoother, I wish I knew about this earlier, I would be about $6,000 dollars richer.. I hope my scars are really better, not just my imagination. Thanks! :D/

I guess that it's a type of acid which breaks down the scar tissue similar to what glycolic and lactic acid do to the skin. Maybe it's stronger. I'm glad it seems to be working for you, in any case.

Yeah that is wierd. I have heard "miracle" stories of vinegar curing everything from nail fungus to baldness! Such a simple cheap solution. How do you use the vinegar on your scars? Does the smell linger?

Yeah that is wierd.  I have heard "miracle" stories of vinegar curing everything from nail fungus to baldness! Such a simple cheap solution.  How do you use the vinegar on your scars?  Does the smell linger?

Hi, I just put some malt vinegar in a bowl, and keep putting it directly on my face, I don't dilute it,, The smell is strong at first and the fumes sometimes burn my eyes, but I think its worth it,, try it, good luck to you, let me know if it helps you too!

I think mine are looking better too but I am afraid to really believe it as I am afraid I am just imagining it or that they are going to come back.

Scarfacewoman - how long have you been doing it?

I think mine are looking better too but I am afraid to really believe it as I am afraid I am just imagining it or that they are going to come back.

Scarfacewoman - how long have you been doing it?

I believe I just started about 1 week ago, maybe a week and a half, not long at all!, That's why I can't believe it!

Scarfacewoman that is very exciting!

May I ask what kind of scaring you have and also what percentage of improvement you have seen?

Thanks and I wish you continued success.

Scarfacewoman that is very exciting!

May I ask what kind of scaring you have and also what percentage of improvement you have seen?

Thanks and I wish you continued success.

Hi, thank you! I have indentations on my cheek mostly like the type that it looks like you pushed it in with your finger,, some orange peel like open pores on my nose and cheeks, maybe one or two small ice pick scars. The small ice pick scar and some more shallow scars seem less noticable to me. I look in the reflection of my car window, outside, and i hardly see them! :D/

Scarfacewoman, please continue to keep us updated! I love to hear people having success with htis - keeps me happy and motivated!

scarfacewoman,

How often are you applying the vinegar? I've only been using it at night....

what are orange peel scars?

anyone have a picture of this?

how do they compare to icepick scars?

i uses my kitchen vinegar which is essentially just acetic acid plus water in it. i mixed 1 part of vinegar with 3 parts of water and use it to rinse my face. i been using this regimen for 2 weeks.

now i used it undulited on my face, plus some cp serum to help along the way... i have also rolling scars on my cheeks and temples. so far no improvement. but hope this is useful. 8-[

scarfacewoman,

How often are you applying the vinegar?  I've only been using it at night....

I apply it a couple times a night, i put it on , let it dry , then put on somemore.

This question is for ScarFaceWoman. What is the difference between malt vinegar and white vinegar? I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon in June and after reading what you said about laser sugery and Dermabrasion I'm not so sure I should do this.

This question is for ScarFaceWoman. What is the difference between malt vinegar and white vinegar? I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon in June and after reading what you said about laser sugery and Dermabrasion I'm not so sure I should do this.

Hi, I don't know what the difference is, I believe it might be stronger.. I just happened to have it in my house and used it.. I would think twice or 3 times before doing laser or dermabrasion, i have heard alot of people who said it didnt help them at all.. I wish I never did it! I think I even got new scars from those procedures!! :D

Do you just mix the vinegar with water in a bottle and then splash it on your face because it's not like your washing with a cleanser. How long did it take before you noticed a difference? What do you use for a cleanser and do you use the vinegar after the cleanser? Sorry, for all the questions.

hi, i was planning on having laser this summer, the erbium one, but i dont think i can due to lack of money :D but maybe it was some destiny thing that have made me turn to vinegar, ive only used it two days, and it SEEMS my skin looks smoother... really i believe it will work for me and anyone, my scars are rolling and mostly on my cheeks, in the afternoon i was in my car riding towards the setting sun and i watched my scars on the mirror and tilted my face slightly and they seemed to be less noticeable compared to other days in the SAME situation, with this i mean like, in my car, the same car, riding towards the setting sun, it may be placebo but i definitely feel my face smoother, i inspect it everyday meticulously and i really believe this vinegar thing is going to be some sort of miracle cure.... i wish the best for everyone on this! good luck!

Do you just mix the vinegar with water in a bottle and then splash it on your face because it's not like your washing with a cleanser. How long did it take before you noticed a difference? What do you use for a cleanser and do you use the vinegar after the cleanser? Sorry, for all the questions.

Hi, no problem, I don't mind answering questions if it will help. I just put the malt vinegar in a bowl and splash it on my face, straight no dilution. Let it dry and do it again. I usually do it on a clean face, no makeup. I clean with just regular cleanser from the store. :D

hi my skin is kinda sensitive and red in the afternoon on my cheeks and chin. the lady that did facials for me told me i have thin skin. can i use this vinegar method or would the acid be bad for me? thanks