Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using AHA for about a week and a half now, and have been breaking out badly. From reading the boards, I know this is normal, especially since I've used BP for over three years and this is the first time I've really stopped using it. But I'm going to be having pictures down in a few weeks and I'm nervous that the initial breakout will still have its effects. For those that have used AHA, how long is the intital breakout?

I'm using the Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion. My skin's overall tone has been looking great, but I've just been getting little whiteheads here and there.

Hmm. I'm more inclined to think that it's a reaction from quitting the BP than from starting the AHA. AHA has never caused me to break out, nor have I heard about it causing breakouts in the numerous threads I've read on the topic. However, everyone's skin is different (this site is a testament to that), so who knows?