Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
resurrexion

How long do you have to stay on the regimen?

Let's say you have moderate acne, and you use the regimen for however long it takes for you to clear up. Let's say after 1 year or so, you clear up and have a relatively acne-free face. Do you still have to continue with the bp treatment to keep your face clear? Do you actually have to use it as a permanent thing?

Depends from person to person. Your acne is still determined by your hormones. If you're unlucky, you'll just get zits again after you quit. You can never be quite sure when it's right to quit.

My advice would be to ask your parents when they stopped having zits. (And if they still remember at all). I for one know that my dad stopped having zits after he was 20, so that means I'm gonna keep up my regimen for one more year.

I don't know why, it just seems like a good estimate.

Basically, you use the Regimen until you naturally stop having acne. You can find out by doing what Dan does. Every so often, stop the regimen and see how your face reacts, if you break out, then you still need to be on it, if your skin remains clear, then apparently you have reached that blissful point in your life when your acne has apparently left you.

Basically, you use the Regimen until you naturally stop having acne. You can find out by doing what Dan does. Every so often, stop the regimen and see how your face reacts, if you break out, then you still need to be on it, if your skin remains clear, then apparently you have reached that blissful point in your life when your acne has apparently left you.