Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm at my second week of using this, and i have to say, i'm not responding to it... I'm not really geting dried at all or anything the derm told me about.......how long does it take it to work?

i'm starting my 2nd week on .025% tretinoin, & like you, haven't been getting any reactions at all (i use it every night). well, i have noticed that around pimples that i picked at, the skin peels a little. other than that, nothing.

do you have only mild acne? i have really mild acne (i wanted retin-a mainly for smoothing out my skin & shrinking pores). maybe there hasn't been a breakout because retin-a can't really purge your skin much.

Guest Marino

Although I agree everyone is different I feel 4 weeks is way to short to see results.

I took isotretinoin and like other retinoids it took me untill the end of the 3rd month to get clear. You need to give any medication [except of Tane] 3 months before you should come off unless the side affects are to bad to handle.

Guest TylerD

Ya actually my friend took Tretinoin 0.01% for 4 months or something and had no irritation the hole time it was a miracle for him it cleared him up completely and he had acne sorda bad too. It works different for everybody.

how strange, i'm using it every other day, and on the day that i'm suppose to use it, my skin always gets all peely...hmmm but the day after it gets...not peely >_>;

My skin peels when I use Retin-A Micro 0.01%, and my blackheads seem to becoming to the surface but staying just below it enough to evade my removal tactics :-P Also, it's not really working too great right now. My dermatologist is anxious to slap a prescription of Accutane on me but my mom doesn't want him to, so I'm just using what he gives me.

My skin peels when I use Retin-A Micro 0.01%, and my blackheads seem to becoming to the surface but staying just below it enough to evade my removal tactics :-P Also, it's not really working too great right now. My dermatologist is anxious to slap a prescription of Accutane on me but my mom doesn't want him to, so I'm just using what he gives me.