Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RandomUser

Hydroquinone users please help

I was wondering who has ever used any bleaching topical containing this ingredient in it. My dermatologist told me to go on this topical along with a cleanser containing glycolic acid for 3 months before I try out microdermbrasion. I really wanted fast results since it's summer and I don't wanna stay home all day because I look like shit. So my question is..

Did this make your face red after you tried it the first couple of times because it seems to make the spots more redder the instant I apply it on.

If it did make your face red, how long did it take to go away.

Also, how long should I wait before I apply bp to my face?

Thanks yall

Here is some info I found. I think the key point is that sun exposure will undo whatever results you get from the hydroquinone, so it essential to use a sunscreen daily. I also think you should get a second opinion from another derm or doctor.

HYDROQUINONE

Generic Name: Hydroquinone

Synonyms: Hydroquinol, Quinol

Brand Names: Eldopaque Forte, Eldoquin Forte, Melquin HP, Melpaque HP, Nuquin HP, Melanex, Solaquin Forte, Neostrata HQ, Ultraquin

What is hydroquinone used for and how does it work?

Hydroquinone is a skin bleaching preparation used for hyperpigmentation, excessive coloration, or "brownspots" (freckles, liver spots) and pigmentation spots caused by pregnancy or use of oral contraceptives.

Hydroquinone produces reversible depigmentation of the skin, however sun exposure reverses this effect and will cause repigmentation.

Is there any information I need to tell my doctor or pharmacist?

Hydroquinone preparations should not be used if you are hypersensitive to hydroquinone or any of the other ingredients.

Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, intending to become pregnant, or breast-feeding.

How do I use hydroquinone?

Hydroquinone preparations are for external use only. Test response by applying to small area of unbroken skin and check in 24 hours. Do not use if any irritation or reaction occurs.

Before using, wash and dry area gently. Apply a thin film to affected area and rub in gently. Avoid direct sunlight, or use sunscreen or protective clothing to prevent repigmentation.Hydroquinone is usually applied to the skin twice daily.

What are the possible side effects of hydroquinone?

The following side effects have occurred after hydroquinone application:

Skin inflammation, redness, itching, dryness, stinging and irritation.

Is there anything else I need to know while using hydroquinone?

Use exactly as directed. Do not overuse. Therapeutic effect may take several weeks.

Avoid contact with eyes. Do not apply to open wounds or weeping areas. Report swelling, redness, rash, itching, signs of infection, worsening of condition, or lack of healing.

Hydroquinone preparations should not be used by children under 12 years of age.

Limit application to area no larger than face and neck, or hands and arms.

Do not use hydroquinone preparations on sunburned skin. Do not use with depilatory creams.

Where can I get more information?

Your pharmacist has additional information about hydroquinone written for health professionals that you may read.

Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.

The information in this leaflet is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the medicines you are using, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.

Thanks for the info, really helped clear some Q's in my head, but i also got another question

Should I continue to use it even though it made my face looked like shit overnight everytime i have used it?