Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
=kat=

Accutane and Healing

I have just come off roaccutane but i know it stays in your system for a few months. However i have just had a new piercing and i wondered if it takes much longer to heal on accutane? It was a question my piercer wasn't sure on

anyone got any info?

chiors

kat

It also depends on if you get a cut, does it take longer to heal and/or not heal well. I know that happened to me, and I still do not heal as well. It all depends on if you do or not.

yo you're supposed to wait at least 6 months, many argue even longer. for both piercings and tattoos. I was going to get a tattoo but I apparently I have to wait at least 6 months after going off Accutane otherwise it totally gets fucked up AND fucks up your skin.

Piercers and tattoo artistis don't really know about Accutane but I spoke to a tattoo guy who really knows his shit when I was going to get it done and he's that he's bad experiences with one or two kids in the past who DIDN'T tell him they were on it and he said the skin is weird, it;s totally different, the thing gets all fucked up and it can cause a lot of damage.

I guess all you can do now is take very good care of it, be very high-maintenance with yourself LOL.

It is navel/nipple/eyebrow/lip/tongue/clit?

i got my nose (no comparison?) re-pierced while on accutane. it healed just fine. i ended up taking it out 2 months later, while still on accutane, and it healed up fine again.

thanks lexilex thats def good news to hear biggrin.gif

i dont think i could cope with any complications there lololol

Turner: Love the new photo!!!!

It's a good thing that you mentioned this because I had my ring out of my navel for two months and it kinda grew over. I was waiting to get back from Vegas before having it re-pierced but now that this topic has been brought up, I need to remember I was just on Accutane.

That being said, I have waxed in the past three months with no ill effects. (Oh no! I'm going to Accutane Hell!) evil.gif

Turner:  Love the new photo!!!!

It's a good thing that you mentioned this because I had my ring out of my navel for two months and it kinda grew over.  I was waiting to get back from Vegas before having it re-pierced but now that this topic has been brought up, I need to remember I was just on Accutane.

That being said, I have waxed in the past three months with no ill effects.  (Oh no!  I'm going to Accutane Hell!) evil.gif

haha how do arpazia? I have also been waxing  ninja.gif bad me.  Having said that my clit doens't hurt at all really and it is supposed to heal enough to have sex in 2 weeks, though i will take longer anyway as i am diabetic  sad.gif.

good luck with it anyway

omg i was hoping most of the loungers wouldn't be in here lolol

yes its a vertical hood, and i love it! I honestly swear it did not hurt at all, i have had a fair few other piercings (as you can see by my pic i dont have them in anymore) the painfullness ranking is as follows from most to least

eyebrow

belly button

ears at the top

hood

ears at the bottom

seriously i would reccommend anyone to do it biggrin.gif walking around with it is fine i have a curved bar bell so although its there, there is not any pressure on it unless someone makes my day lol

lol i have yet to find out!

i cant have sex for 2 weeks sad.gif though its a matter of finding someone once those 2 weeks r up lol. i'll let u know the verdict once i have done the deed so to speak