Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KK

Neutrogena and its arsenal of products I got...

I bought these products(which neutrogena,on its website,said i should use)

Oil free cream cleanser

Astringent

2 types of moisturizers(skin-clearing,and pore-refining)

All has salycilic acid.But why is it not clearing up my acne?? I don't know what I should do with my face.I have an appointment to see a dermatologist but the last one I saw was USELESS.They charge money for no results.

I just want to know if I should return those products(as it hasn't been a week since I bought them yet).Pls advise me on this.

Is Salicylic acid useless for me or what??! In fact,I see some small pimples coming instead of everything disappearing!

Oh one more thing...I should add that I tried the regimen from this site.I don't know about slathering on BP because,I just don't like the whole "wait 15 mins for pores to close...then another 5-15 so u can apply moisturizer later".It's too much wait.

Anyone else just wash,then immediately apply BP and moisturize?I want to incorporate a toner into this too.

It hasn't been a week since you bought them? Umm give the products time first of all, I believe 2 weeks minimum to see changes, don't be so impatient or acne will get the better of you.

Through my experience salycilic acid if overused can cause breakouts, however if applying products moderately this may not occur. Just be patient!

I bought these products(which neutrogena,on its website,said i should use)

Oil free cream cleanser

Astringent

2 types of moisturizers(skin-clearing,and pore-refining)

All has salycilic acid.But why is it not clearing up my acne?? I don't know what I should do with my face.I have an appointment to see a dermatologist but the last one I saw was USELESS.They charge money for no results.

I just want to know if I should return those products(as it hasn't been a week since I bought them yet).Pls advise me on this.

Is Salicylic acid useless for me or what??! In fact,I see some small pimples coming instead of everything disappearing!

I don't like a lot of the neutrogena products. The skin-clearing and pore-refining moisturizers aren't very moisturizing - I tried them before and I didn't really notice too much of a result, def. not enough for me to continue using them at that price). You might want to switch if you notice you're skin is too dry (and you definately won't want to use them with bp). I found all of their cream cleansers that i tried to be extremely harsh for my skin, especially anywhere near the eyes (I didn't try that particular one though I think). I'm currently trying the pore-refining toner though. I don't know if it's making a difference yet. None of them made my relativley mild acne go away, but difft products can work for difft people.

Also, I don't wait 15 minutes on Dan's regimen. After washing skin (either in shower, or rub on cetaphil and wipe off with cloth), I apply toner with cotton round, let skin dry a few seconds, apply the bp (make sure to rub in well and quickly). I put moisturizer on after a minute or two.