Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RM1985

Is the purpose bar gentler/better than the cetaphil one?

Purpose products aren't available in Canada, so I thought I'd order from shopinprivate.com... but if the Cetaphil bar is better, I don't see the point in doing so since I can find it easily in stores.

I have used both products and from personal experience I felt that the Cetaphil left a film on my face. I really did not like it when I was trying to get that deep cleaned feeling after wearing make-up all day, I felt it left a residue. The Purpose gel is a gentle cleanser that cleans your skin more thoroughly.

Luckily, I don't wear makeup, so it's simpler for me I suppose... but I think I know what you're talking about, the Cetaphil bar's lather is extremely thick. It takes several splashes of warm water to get it off. I guess I'll order both the Purpose cleansing bar and Eucerin Renewal because they aren't available here.

Thanks.

I wanted to point out that I have not used the Purpose Bar or Cetaphil bar only the Purpose Liquid and Cetaphil Liquid. So, I can't tell you how the bars relate to each other.

Personally, I thought the cetaphil bars were more gentle than the purpose bar. I didn't notice any more of a film than any other bar-type cleanser (I noticed the Purpose film more).