Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I guess I'm thankful that I've been married for three years before I started breaking out recently. Every morning I wake up and look in the mirror, lamenting the fact that I'm now an "ugly" version of myself. eusa_wall.gif But my husband (bless his heart) counteracts that with an emphatic "you're not ugly, you're still beautiful"" every time. wub.gif He insists that when I look at myself, I'm looking for the imperfections, but he continues to see the "whole" me that he fell in love with and married. So, believe me, someone who really loves you, will love you despite your flaws and imperfections. And there is someone like that out there for every one of us, we just need to remain open. Keep your chin up!

Its hard being in a relationship and as a girl having to cover up ur acne all the time because your boyfriend thinks you have good skin when actually its a pile of shit!

My boyfriend doesnt really understand and he has seen me without make up b4 but that has only been at times when my acne has been very very mild.

He is so gorgeous and im constantly in fear that one day he will realise how hideous i am. Its so hard but without him id be even more depressed and my life would seem even more pointless wacko.gif

I don't think any of us can be in a relationship until we are happy with ourselves.  It's hard to put your signifigant other first when you're always fretting over yourself.

I was gonna write a long angry reply to many messages in this discussion but I'm just gonna give this quote: "'T is the mind that makes the body rich" - Shakespeare

And if you feel down watch Monthy Python's Life of Brian, in my opinion the best comedy of all time.

p.s. To all you acne guys who are planning to ask a girl out: "Good luck!" cuz you're gonna freaking need it eusa_clap.gif

i have acne and my gf is a knockout..and when shes gets like one microscopic pimple shes like omg..lol i just laugh and she gets mad haha..i'm like hello!! here take some of my pimples!

Guest delta force operators

ofcourse its on the inside that matters..going to a derm an having them help u clear up is what u can do..you have to love yourself before you can love someone else...

alot of girls think if he doesnt take care of himself hows he gonna take care of me...this is a stupid assumption but alot of girls think this way..the guy that takes care of himself could be a total jerk that only intersted in himself but alot of girls think this way

Well, my boyfriend had seem me in my worse times...that makes me feel that he shouldn't but, anyways....he says I'm beautiful with acne or no acne...

I think you are gonna find a guy who love you of who you are....

You just need to love yourself first.

Thank you everyone...I don't feel so alone in the way I feel at all now. Relationships are so complex...if you are one of the lucky ones that have found a person that loves you for everything you are...flaws and all...all I have to say is hold on to them and don't let them get away...I think my only standing problem with "dating" right now is not really the fact that I have acne...it is just how the world tries to make us feel like we have to be flawless at all times... and it seems like a lot of people are very centered on how attractive other people are...BUT I on the other hand...well, it's not really that big of a thing..sure...it's important to be attracted to the person you are with...but good lord...people have breakouts...gain weight...get sick...get hurt...I think we live in a society that needs to put more value in a person's heart...mind...personality...than how clear their skin is...how white their teeth are...how perfect their body is...I just hope that I can one day find someone that will look beyond my skin and bones... because my true flawless beauty is my soul...and I would much rather have that than a perfect outside...

dudee live ur life while u can dudee! Dont wait till u grow up all shrivled and decide..forget it..let me find my self a true man now! If you want...u can try both my regimens! I really really want u to try my facial steaming regimen! Try it. for me? Dudee it'll work!

I don't think it is necessary to love yourself first before someone else loves you, I mean of course you need a healthy picture of yourself, meaning a realistic picture. Telling yourself that you need to love yourself despite being this or that in order for somebody to love me is unrealistic. That's lieing and putting yourself down. Everyone has issues! Even the most beautiful girls constantly complain about their make up or heair or dress, and even the most famous actors still have stage fright. Nobody's perfect! We shape our character throughout our whole life. It's ok to have bad qualities and still be in a loving relationship. You need to be comfortable with yourself, comfortable with your faults. Don't go out adoring yourself hoping that someone will start liking you, when deep down you know that you're not perfect.

When it comes to physical appearance that's more complicated, but can you handle the truth? According to nature, evolution has it's way, and if you're ugly (or have some other defect) you're not suitable to have a mate, it's callled natural selection, it's that simple. However! we're more than animals, and that's where it gets complicated...