Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I refuse to be in a relationship because of my skin problems, and I know that probably sounds crazy...that I would push away, and be cold to, any guy that wants to date me, but I really can't handle being with anyone looking like this. I'm going to turn 20 in a few weeks, and most people/guys seem to think that I should have grown out of my acne, but it only keeps getting worse! Most guys aren't very understanding when it comes to acne...and the older I get ...the less they understand why I have this problem. I worry that I will never be comfortable in a relationship, because I'm not comfortable in my own skin! I FEAR the day when someone finally breaks down my wall of bitterness and wants to spend the rest of their life with me. The idea of someone seeing me in the morning...every morning...with this skin...well, it's a nightmare. How will I hide? Will I get up in the morning before they wake up so I can cover my acne with makeup? As sad as it sounds...I would rather be alone than have to always worry if someone will love me regardless of my acne. I just dream of the day that I can wake up and not touch my face, first thing, to see if I'm more broken out...I just want to be NORMAL...I just wanted to know if anyone else is being this cold and bitter in their dating lives just because they feel different and uncomfortable because of their acne?

oh, wow, i'm like the exact opposite. it's one of the few thoughts that offers me solace. i just walk around thinking "well, fuck it. everyone else can think i'm ugly, but one day there will be someone who thinks i am BEAUTIFUL. beautiful even though i have acne, beautiful even though i'm hairy. they will LIKE acne and hairiness. they will love me, dammit."

it's either this type of love or absolutely nothing else. i think that if you hold complete and unconditional love as your standard, then you won't need to worry about feeling insecure with that person.

I refuse to be in a relationship because of my skin problems, and I know that probably sounds crazy...that I would push away, and be cold to, any guy that wants to date me, but I really can't handle being with anyone looking like this. I'm going to turn 20 in a few weeks, and most people/guys seem to think that I should have grown out of my acne, but it only keeps getting worse! Most guys aren't very understanding when it comes to acne...and the older I get ...the less they understand why I have this problem. I worry that I will never be comfortable in a relationship, because I'm not comfortable in my own skin! I FEAR the day when someone finally breaks down my wall of bitterness and wants to spend the rest of their life with me. The idea of someone seeing me in the morning...every morning...with this skin...well, it's a nightmare. How will I hide? Will I get up in the morning before they wake up so I can cover my acne with makeup? As sad as it sounds...I would rather be alone than have to always worry if someone will love me regardless of my acne. I just dream of the day that I can wake up and not touch my face, first thing, to see if I'm more broken out...I just want to be NORMAL...I just wanted to know if anyone else is being this cold and bitter in their dating lives just because they feel different and uncomfortable because of their acne?

Thanks guys...It's true that need to find someone that shows me unconditional love...I need to find someone that loves me for ME...but regardless I still want to look good for the person that can over look my acne...because I know acne isn't that "pretty"...because if it wasn't a pain in the butt...well, this site wouldn't be here...so, if I can find a person that can "live" with my acne...I think that they would be a very special person...and I would want to look good for them...so, in the end I still have the problem of wanting, and thinking I need to, look good for the guy I'm dating...GRRRRRR like dating isn't hard enough...the strange thing is that I never really notice when guys have acne, unless it's very bad, and I'm often attracted to guys that have flaws...my friends are always like "why in the world do you think he's cute?"...and I'm like "I don't know..but he is...so shut up"..haha...I don't know...this is all very confusing...maybe I'll be more open minded to letting down my guard with guys...maybe even letting one see me without my makeup on!!!! haha... doubt it...smile.gif

acne has made me depresed over love too.

theres this girl ive been meaning to talk to. we dont know each other very well, so i need to get off my ass and approach her. from what i do know about her she seems like a kind and intelligent person. but the thing is...shes pretty, and she's in a sorority with other gorgeous clear-skinned girls. and they probably have high standards because the frat guys they date are all tall and buff. plus she's really into fashion and i can tell she frets over her hair because she changes it often. all this doesnt sound too good for me.

acne has made me depresed over love too.theres this girl ive been meaning to talk to. we dont know each other very well, so i need to get off my ass and approach her. from what i do know about her she seems like a kind and intelligent person. but the thing is...shes pretty, and she's in a sorority with other gorgeous clear-skinned girls. and they probably have high standards because the frat guys they date are all tall and buff. plus she's really into fashion and i can tell she frets over her hair because she changes it often. all this doesnt sound too good for me.

Guest <*>

There's a girl that I really like but I won't ask her out untill my acne is gone. I'll be starting roaccutane soon and hopefully when I go back to college in September i'll be clear and i'll ask her out. She's a really sweet girl and she dosn't hang out with the popular crowd which is good, she's also stunning, smart, kind, generous, infact she's perfect. I think of her 24/7 - I knows it's sad but i've never felt this way about anyone before.

Just to put my two-cents worth in here... I used to model and stuff, so I guess you could say that I'm an attractive woman. But I'm also silly, and down-to-earth, and pretty smart too (If I say so myself LOL). I don't think you can tell what someone is like until you get to know them. I've always been judged by people to be a bitch or snob- and I can tell you, I'm anything but! I've always dated guys that were not gorgeous or buff - but funny, trustworthy and nice (and married one that is all of the above). So, go for it - you never know who might be interested in you unless you put yourself out there.

I've had problems with my skin too- and always trying to look "model perfect"- but there are people out there who will look past your supposed "imperfections". Trust me- I married one that doesn't care about my pimply skin (thanks to Dan that's pretty much gone) or the crazy stretchmarks all over my body from pregnancy. Sometimes I get mad at him because I think no one can love me that much, he must be lying- but he really does. Find someone who is confident in themselves, who is truly attracted to you underneath and who respects you- and you'll have it made. Trying to look your best for someone doesn't mean looking perfect!!! Plus, I really think we are much harder on ourselves and the way we think we look - most people don't even notice the things that bother us so much. I say, just do your best with what you've got, smile at people & that's all you can really do. You really have to overcome your trust issue though- or you'll push really valuable and worthwhile people away.

Thanks guys...It's true that need to find someone that shows me unconditional love...I need to find someone that loves me for ME...but regardless I still want to look good for the person that can over look my acne...because I know acne isn't that "pretty"...because if it wasn't a pain in the butt...well, this site wouldn't be here...so, if I can find a person that can "live" with my acne...I think that they would be a very special person...and I would want to look good for them...so, in the end I still have the problem of wanting, and thinking I need to, look good for the guy I'm dating...GRRRRRR like dating isn't hard enough...the strange thing is that I never really notice when guys have acne, unless it's very bad, and I'm often attracted to guys that have flaws...my friends are always like "why in the world do you think he's cute?"...and I'm like "I don't know..but he is...so shut up"..haha...I don't know...this is all very confusing...maybe I'll be more open minded to letting down my guard with guys...maybe even letting one see me without my makeup on!!!! haha... doubt it...smile.gif

All you people are beautiful. Reading through this thread really got to me. Although physical appearance is the first means of attraction and attention, in the end (and it comes very fast), it's all about personality, individuality, and character. Considering that fact, all you people will end up with someone very beautiful/handsome. Trust me.

i'm really paranoid about small imperfections too. my problem is people think i'm pretty when they see me once or twice. but when they get closer they'd realize i'm not as attractive as they think, because of these damn marks and huge pores!

but i dunno, i've seen less attractive people who are in serious relationships. there must be hope for me?

All you people are beautiful. Reading through this thread really got to me. Although physical appearance is the first means of attraction and attention, in the end (and it comes very fast), it's all about personality, individuality, and character. Considering that fact, all you people will end up with someone very beautiful/handsome. Trust me.

.the strange thing is that I never really notice when guys have acne, unless it's very bad, and I'm often attracted to guys that have flaws...my friends are always like "why in the world do you think he's cute?"...and I'm like "I don't know..but he is...so shut up".

Guest Freak_Turbulence

I'm pretty sure love is trivial, and humans just made up the word to attach a more identifiable label to an instinct. When I was selfish enough to care about relationships, I was incredibly self-conscious about my acne. If you want to act more selfless you could always donate your time and volunteer somewhere. The best acne medication I've come across...besides anti-microbial soap...is not thinking about it. Relationships and anything that induces you to think about your acne will aggravate it in my experience. At the very least, people suffering from acne in Sierra Leone worry more about not stepping on a land mine than they do about how acne affects their relationships. So although this is a worry very unique to spoiled Westerners, if it really is a problem and you really concern yourself with it, then I'd probably just echo what some other people have said and look for someone who isn't so into themselves. Obviously the more selfless the person, the more likely they are to accept you and your acne. Sorry for the tone of this, I really do hope you find what you're looking for.

more selfless you could always donate your time and volunteer somewhere. The best acne medication I've come across...besides anti-microbial soap...is not thinking about it. Relationships and anything that induces you to think about your acne will aggravate it in my experience. At the very least, people suffering from

Guest delta force operators

logan who is that chick man , shes beautiful

I too haven't been in a relationship for a long time because of my messed up face. I don't break out like I used to when I was younger but I still have a horrible complexion and all kinds of scars and discolorations. I wear makeup all the time to cover as much as I can and no one but my mom has seen me without it. I am fine being alone. I like it a lot actually so I am fine with my life generally but I still do have the really bad days where I do actually look at myself in the mirror and I flip out and cry all day but generally I just cover it up with makeup and avoid mirrors and try and deny it all. I know I am a great person with a lot to offer someone but in today's superficial society acne scarred skin just isn't attractive. oh well. some people are meant to be alone I guess.

just some rambling thoughts at 3:32 am.......hehehe