Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucid epidermis

Lactic Acid Effect Plateau?

Hey Maya or other Lactic Acid Peel Users, did you feel that the effect from the Lactic Acid hit a plateau and the results were not as dramatic as the first few applications. I just did my 7th or 8th peel and I left it on for almost triple the amount of time compared to the first few peels. Has my skin adapted to the Acid so I am not benifiting anymore from the peels? At first my skin peeled alot and it does not peel anymore.

My skin still looks great from the peels, it's the fact that I left it on for 12-13 minutes and it was barely stinging that got me wondering if I am still getting the same benefits. Any experiences or feedback would be great! Also if you are reading this and just starting your home chemical peel series, don't even attempt to leave the acid on for over five minutes unless you want to look like Freddy Krugger!

I use the 50% Lactic Acid Kit that I got from homepeels.com You bring up a good point though, maybe I should eventually get a higher percentage. If that is possible. I will have to revisit the website.

hhmmm-im not sure if theres a higher percentage then 50 when it comes to lactic-i believe i read that glycolic is stronger than lactic,such as- a 30% glycolic peel is just as strong as a 40% lactic peel-40% glycolic is just as strong as a 50% percent lactic peel,ect ect ect.. i know glycolic goes up to 60 and 70 percent,maybe you should try one of those if you plateau with your current peel of 50 lactic

50% is the highest I've found.

I don't think your it will have reached a plateau - your skin is now so well exfoliated now that all you need to do is top up treatments.