Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RM1985

Kinda getting worried, my face is dry, scaly, red and itchy

Sounds a lot of like rosacea, no?

It's not the same kind of dry from when I was on retin-a or or when I washed my face with some OTC acne wash... that used to be flaky, but now my skin has gotten rough and has a strange texture to it, and it's only been 3-4 days since I've been on the regimen. I haven't been using a lot of BP, I only put on half a finger's worth for my entire face. Last night, my face was so itchy that I couldn't sleep for more than 3 hours. Just to be safe, I didn't put on any BP this morning, and I might not do so tonight either.

Are these side effects common for newcomers to the regimen? What's happening?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh God I hope not... there hasn't been any swelling or crusting though, as Dan states on the site.

My face also got really itchy and it burned so bad that I couldn't sleep. My skin didn't really change that much, but a few days after the burning occured, my skin didn't burn from the BP. You also started with too much BP. You should have only used a pea sized ammount. That could be why your skin was really itchy. I would say just continue using the BP, and if it doesn't get any better, then stop.

Sounds a lot of like rosacea, no?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

How old are you? Rosacea is only found in adults above 30.

I'm 18... I guess I'll stay off the BP for today and continue with a much smaller amount tomorrow.

I'm 18... I guess I'll stay off the BP for today and continue with a much smaller amount tomorrow.

well dan said to start with a very very small amount and work up to alot within a few weeks. Your skin needs to adjust

But I started with the same amount that was shown in the picture... about a half a finger's worth, guess I'll have to lower it more.

But I started with the same amount that was shown in the picture... about a half a finger's worth, guess I'll have to lower it more.

lol you need to start way less than half finger's. When dan said alot he meant 1 finger's worth. You need to start at like 1/4 at the most and work up.

Ok... so do I wait for my skin to return to normal before starting the regimen again?

My nose is all bumpy too, is that normal?

allrighty, I think I'm off the regimen for a while.. hopefully my skin will return to normal soon.

LOL, i started with more than a finger for the whole face, and i didn't get any redness/itcyness... All i get is my skin peeling around my chin. But that is also where i use most, cause i have a lot of breakouts there.

Could be allergic contact dermatitis....very common allergy...I get it to heaps of products. But then it could be just an ordinary response to bp...sometimes i find it itchy myself.

Why don't you do a test patch of bp on your inside arm (over the joint) and observe what happens for a few days....if it gets red and raised with or without bumps that becomes scaly as it heals then that is dermatitis. Also check out medscape for some picks. In the meantime putting a bit of hydrocortisone cream on your face (check the label) won't do any harm....keep away from your nostrils.