Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nataliep

How to use TCA to treat hypertrophic

Posted

I have always believed in TCA and its power and I have experimented with it quite a bit. But I have always wondered if it could ever treat hypertrophic or raised scars.

I have that this raised scar on my nose for a while now and I'm sure some of you may have had it. I tried many treatments including laser, mederma and silicone sheets and finally my answer came true.

the answer is TCA.

now we all know that TCA cannot be used to treat hypertrophic scars so I experimented with it. The first time I applied 25% peel on it , the result? Zero percent improvement. After trying again and again, nothing happened.

Then finally I tried layering.

It stung like madness but I applied 4 layers (about 2-5 minutes apart) using 25% TCA. It's been days and guess what my scar is about almost gone I would say out of 100% improvement it's about 80-90%. I'm going to wait to see if this is permanent because it's quite a shock that just by layering the hypertrophic could be improved so dramatically. Another amazing thing is that I have had this scar for almost 5 years now.

If after one month and the scar hasn't raise back. Layering is nothing new, but I havn't heard of anyone using it to treat hypertrophic scars yet. Let's call it the new...

"hyper-layer method"

Posted

Natalie~I also have a hypertrophic scar (on my cheek) and can't wait to see how yours turns out. Good luck, hun!

Posted

That is interesting! My hypertrophic area is still a bit pink and will get pinker if it is touched or irritated. I have been told for this reason not to do anything abrasive to it. Was your scar still discolored at all? I think the one month mark will be a good point to really evaluate if it will regrow. Let us know! smile.gif

Posted

Any updates? Anyone else tried this??

Posted

PLEASE! Updates???

Posted
PLEASE! Updates???