Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, im 13 years old, im very thin and 5'1".  Ive been on Sotret (generic) for about 3 days and heres my biggest problem.. I CANT SWALLOW IT! It sounds stupid yeah? Everyone in my family thinks so but im serious! It doesnt wanna go down any easy ways to swallow it hehe? 

I dont know why I know I wont choke and die but like my tongue pushes the pill out last moment or it just doesnt go down... Please, im serious

Maybe you could try eating something and when you have finished chewing stick the pill in your mouth and then swallow while drinking water.

a lot of water in the mouth first - pill in the mouth - tilt your head back - then just let it flow down...

I used to have the biggest problem swallowing pills, up until I was about 18. The problem with me was a complete mental block. I couldn't swallow because I always felt I would choke, so my throat reflexively blocked the pill.

I don't know if this is the case for you, but when I finally learned to swallow pills, it was just a matter of convincing myself finally that I wasn't going to choke, and then just swallowing like I would normally swallow. The trick was not to think about it.

Eh, I know this is much easier said than done....but let me know if you have any luck.

haha yeh, i used to have this problem sorta... was completely mental for sure. but after u start taking a lot of tablets u get used to it and learn ur own little way. like i just put tablet in ur mouth then fill with a lot of water or milk and just swallow it all in 2 big gulps.

yer, i had the same problem also. Its all in the mind, remember its MAKING YOU BETTER !! So just place the pill on your toung and drink water, DONT THINK ABOUT IT, just do it.

What I do is, take one gulp of water. Then don't swallow for 15 seconds, after that put the pill in your mouth, take another sip of water, and you will swallow it with a reflex.