Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

when i get home from school my face is oily around my nose area mostly. i have dickinsons witch hazel cleasing astrigent. can i use this to remove the oil so i dont have to wash my face in the middle of the day. i really dont want to cause it will probably be bad. is the witch hazel ok to use for me(moderate acne) to clean my face in the middle of the day? help please................................

Witch Hazel is a great toner, the best I believe-doesn't leave you sticky like many others. I dont think that using it in the middle of the day will hurt you, but from what I know most toners advise use after cleansing the skin. Hope that helps ya!

I use T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel with a couple of uncoated aspirin as a toner morning and night. This is the only brand I can find that is actually 100% witch hazel (no alcohol) and is actually advertised as a facial toner on the bottle. I love it! It doesn't dry out my extremely sensitive skin at all. I add aspirin for its chemical exfoliating properties, and make a fresh "batch" of toner every few days. I highly recommend witch hazel as a toner, but I would definitely use a gentle cleanser first.

I use T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel with a couple of uncoated aspirin as a toner morning and night. This is the only brand I can find that is actually 100% witch hazel (no alcohol) and is actually advertised as a facial toner on the bottle. I love it! It doesn't dry out my extremely sensitive skin at all. I add aspirin for its chemical exfoliating properties, and make a fresh "batch" of toner every few days. I highly recommend witch hazel as a toner, but I would definitely use a gentle cleanser first.

There's 14% alcohol in Witch Hazel.

Logan