Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jmw229

Erythromycin Base dosage questions

hey guys ive been taking erythromycin base 250mg for almost a week now. my derm told me to take one the first day and see if it upsets my stomach, and it didnt so i took 3 a day and have been taking it like that. it says take 4 a day on the label and he told me take 3 i think. and am i spose to take it with food ? my question is should i take it with food or not, if not, how long can i take it b4 eating?

my doctor told me to take it with food. i usually take it after eating. & wow, you're taking 250mg 3 times a day? i'm on 250mg a day. but i've been known to get nauseous with antibiotics.

I was always told to take it on an empty stomach an hour before food although it's been a few years since I took it so perhaps the guidelines have changed.

Erythromycin for acne is usually prescribed at 500-1000mg per day, i.e. 1 capsule (250mg) twice to four times a day.

It's a weak antibiotic with high resistance rates.

You should try to get Accutane.

ya, im taking it 4 times a day now, trying to take it on an empty stomach or at least a while b4 eating..im on differin to plus i use spectro gel to for cleansing, and hyderm 1% for spotting (not usre if thats the word). but i dont have horrible acne he says i have deep pores, and i have bad breakouts and i clear up quickly then have them again, so right now my face is clearing up but im not sure if its cuz of the spectro gel, or just one of my clear weeks :S oh wel well see, thanks again guys