Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philey-O-Fish

The Acne Doctor has stepped in.

Guest agentx

well, thats what i was trying to say in the first place. I dont know if he`s a doctor or not ... but i dont care ... i just wanted to know what his idea was ... it wont hurt listenin to what he`s tryin to say.

I personally dont think milk causes acne atleast not for me ... and as for junk food, that DOES cause acne.

Anyways, i listened to what he had to say but ... i for one have started accutane and thus cannot go on b5.

So just chill out and listen to what he has to say and you could give it a try, b5 has worked for many people but unfortunately its mostly for people with milder acne and i dont fit in that category.

CheerS!

njacobs-If you like you can come round to my place, and we can sit in the living-room, popping are pimples in the dark in front of the telly eating chocolate and drinking milk. Theres plenty of room for the 2 of us  :D

Nessa,

Thanks for the invite. Although my adult acne is very much under control now, I know what it's like dealing with cysts and all of the other mess that severe breakouts can bring. When my acne was at its very worst when I was a teenager, I tried eliminating milk and almost all saturated fats from my diet. It didn't do a damn thing. My face is in good shape now AND I drink milk every day AND I'm no stranger to chocolate. I will not deny that some may have allergies to these items, but I'm not one of them. If you're interested in what I'm using to keep clear, I'd be more than happy to share.

Take Care,

Neal

I would agree with the fact that milk is bad for your skin and overall health. Do you have any idea what they do to that stuff? They add a bunch of crap, hormons and all (as if we didn't already have enough of that). I stay clear of milk if at all possible and my skin is getting better all the time. I also take omega-3, E and folic acid. Oh yes, also I take two things of black strap molassas twice a day to help with calcium from not drinking milk. I love chocolate so I indulge once in a while. I think it's the build up that's the worse. I use to be lactose intolerent but now I really think it was just showing itself in my skin. Well, hope I helped. I honeslty don't claim to know everything but just giving my ideas and 2 cents worth. I wish you all the best in whatever way you treat your acne.

I would agree with the fact that milk is bad for your skin and overall health.  Do you have any idea what they do to that stuff?  They add a bunch of crap, hormons and all (as if we didn't already have enough of that).  I stay clear of milk if at all possible and my skin is getting better all the time.

OK, I drink milk each and every day and eat dairy. My skin is in the best shape its been in a couple of years. Explain that. You also say you "agree with the fact". What fact? Once again, there is no link between milk and acne with the exception of some kind of allergic reaction.

Guest agentx

u guys always fight lol ahahha. one SIMPLE thing, milk CAN cause acne for SOME SOME SOME VERY FEW people.

Its just like most of you agree eating junk food makes u breakout, but there are people who ONLY eat junk food and have skin to die for.

So chill hahaah

But i must say ive stopped drinkin milk although i dont think it caused me cysts ... dunno maybe im just scared lol

CheerS!

u guys always fight lol ahahha. one SIMPLE thing, milk CAN cause acne for SOME SOME SOME VERY FEW people.

Its just like most of you agree eating junk food makes u breakout, but there are people who ONLY eat junk food and have skin to die for.

So chill hahaah

But i must say ive stopped drinkin milk although i dont think it caused me cysts ... dunno maybe im just scared lol CheerS!

Hotdamn, I want to be Agentx.

I, for one, certainly don't think that eating junkfood causes acne but it sure can aggravate it. The junkfood myth is not really sanctioned by many dermatologists and probably demised at the end of the 80s, along with Michael Jackson's musical reputation.

Light has been shed on the fact that for some people, and only some, environmental, diet and Jesus-bashin' religious factors may trigger acne.

If you can't see we are having an intelligent debate then sew up your eyes, ears and mouth!

Guest romafan53

I dont have acne but i have got this weird spot like thing on my back, anyone wanna help a guy out?

Thats because other people aren't prone to acne. For us acne sufferers it is impossible to ever fully get rid of our acne because of the genes we inherited. Theres also people who don't have to wash their face and won't get acne. People who can rub their hands allover their face with mud, dirt and even bacteria without getting acne. The point is that those of us who are prone to acne and have this disease are affected by diet. As a test for you, cut out milk products for a week and come back and say you didn't find any results, if you do, your probably lying.

Dude, you contradict yourself.

First you say it is impossible for acne sufferers to ever get rid of their acne because of genetics. Then you manage to grind a false loop by saying that those who have acne are mainly affected by diet. I mean, it's well known that you can be genetically susceptible to acne through diet insensitivities, but you don't state this clearly enough.

In no way am I declaring that diet and environmental factors could not trigger acne in some people, but cutting out dairies is such a probed theory that I think I'm going to devolve into a giant eyeball to curl up and die.

Having had mild acne, I tried cutting out dairy produce but to no avail. Hopefully, this doesn't mean I'm lying, and if you have a problem with the fact that dairy doesn't trigger acne in me, then you are welcome to take a long hike down Kashmir.

Shatangi there's no free will - we can thank God for that!

sorry to bring this post up again, but...

its great that cutting milk out of your diet worked for you. =D>

guess what? it is not a cure for everyone. i am lactose intolerant, and don't consume any products containing it. i have a healthy diet rich in essential fatty acids and also supplement with copious amounts of omega 3 fish oil for epa and dha [specifically epa]. i have tried megadoses of b5... followed the instructions and everything. results? skin got weird bumps and i felt shitty all day.

i am an athlete, so i consume lots of protein every day. however, my protein comes mostly from egg isolate, and when i use milk proteins they are micellar casein or ion exchange whey, both of which have little to no lactose. i do not eat processed foods, in general, and consume plenty of fruits and veges [with an abundance of dark green leafy veges to make up for the lack of calcium].

if i were not lactose intolerant i would probably avoid most milk too, except for fresh organic. normal milk [ie, hood] contains not only hormones and antibiotics but also alot of pus. so i agree in your saying that milk, in general, is a no no. but removing milk from your diet will not necessarily do anything for your acne.

what has worked for me? nothing but accutane, healthy diet/exercise, omega 3 supplementation.

philey-stop acting like you have been blessed with some kind of divine knowledge. you are no acne doctor, you are probably just trying to peddle some of www.acnemiracle.com's products. this board wouldn't exist if 'the cure' was as simple as that, or even if it existed. bottom line is what works for some people doesn't work for others.

We have some very educated people here!

I must point out however, lactose is easily digested by most Caucasians, since genetically we are adapted for dairy food, having eaten them the longest. Most Africans and some Asians tend to be lactose intolerant.

As for diet, there are indications transfatty acids may play a role, but the key word with these studies are the "mays", "possible links", or "might causes".

As for milk, I just don't like the idea of drinking cow juice, so I drink soy milk.