Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chitown

alchohol and scars

Sigh,

it's hard to maintain an active social life with scars when you try to do the bar scene....

obviously, at night, your scars look fine. i'm ok with all that.

But the next day, your scars look pretty bad.... the dehydrating effect of the alcohol really hits you hard!

anyone else experience this and maybe some tips to help the situation?

(obvious one: don't drink!) ](*,)

Not sure this one works.... but drink alot of water before going to bed.... i'm not talking about 0.5 l but 1.5l should help a bit..... but i'm not sure =/

I think the smoke from the bar scene effects the appearance of your complextion and how your pores look the next day. I agree, my skin looks like pooh after a night out. It might be from the stress you are putting on your body if you have had a long night of dancing, smoke filled rooms, sweating, etc.

Last night I went out with some friends and got pretty hammered :D/ on red wine - but I managed to drink over a pint of water before I went to bed and my face hasn't got worse because of that I think.

The worse thing is the lighting - coz most of the scars look almost invisible in low lighting.. and then the lights come on at the end of the night... quick exit!!

Not sure this one works.... but drink alot of water before going to bed.... i'm not talking about 0.5 l but 1.5l should help a bit..... but i'm not sure =/

Please dont give advice to people if you are not sure. In fact, you SHOULD NOT drink water at all before going to bed. If you drink too many fluids at night before going to bed they wont be worked out in your system and will be left unnattended. In which case a fluid build up can occur resulting in other problems, like puffy eyes. Water will build up under the skin and might create a puffiness in the skin under your eyes. That is one of many problems of unnattended fluid buildups.SO DONT DRINK BEFORE GOING TO BED.

I drink water before going to sleep and have never had any problems, but I'd rather have puffy eyes than a massive hangover the next day!

"Please dont give advice to people if you are not sure."

You have a good point F49Z0R5!!! but I get the impression we are on the dangerous edge of working out how to treat skin conditions, like guinea pig pioneers. Guinea pig pioneers with lemon breath and a vinegar scent. I get so many conflicting views over everything on these boards its difficult to work out what is good advice sometimes.

Now if only fluid build up caused puffiness directly under depressed scars, I would be drinking pints of water every bedtime. :D

Ok... my next tip which i should have put in my first post..... Eat something and drink alot of water before going to bed, helps against hangovers, an because the food will soke up some fluids(both water and alkohol) in you system and allow the water not to screw you fluidintake all that much!!!

MAYBE =)

I try to drink a water bottle full of gatorade before I go to sleep. I use the powdered stuff (which is a lot cheaper than actually buying the liquid gatorade), fix up a batch, and slam it quickly.

I guess the trick is to get hydrated again and try to get some sleep. I feel like it's more the going to bed at 5 am than the dehydration.

Maya - I totally agree with you, when the lights come on at the end, it can be devastating. I've had a couple of bad situations happen to me... also, when all your friends decide it's time to go to an all night burrito joint for some after-club food, and you realize that the place has fluorescent lighting, and you realize that your scars are going to look like crap in there...... so you lamely make an excuse to head home early....

woops, went off on a rant there! :D#

"also, when all your friends decide it's time to go to an all night burrito joint for some after-club food, and you realize that the place has fluorescent lighting, and you realize that your scars are going to look like crap in there...... so you lamely make an excuse to head home early...."

Oh! To think all these years I never realized that other people felt this way too!! #-o So many times I have stood outside a flourescent building and tried to make up excuses for why I didn't want to go in!

I don't have a problem starting out in flurescent lighting.. I guess people already know about the scars, it's when it suddenly goes from dark to light ... and suddenly you are revealed #-o