Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WOW! I tried this just once and already I saw a huge difference. I followed it up with an Olay Daily Facial (a great clay mask) and then some lotion and my skin looked wonderful! THANKS SO MUCH! biggrin.gif

I've done this 5 times now and now im wicked broken out on my chin and it was clear there before! but it might be a good thing because my chin for like the last month looked like it wanted to break out, and i think the steam has finally broken it out

i've done this 2 nights in a row so far and all i have to say is WOW eusa_clap.gif my skin is radiant. I'll kee you all posted. Whoever made this thread.. thanks a bunch!!! wub.gif

*Hopeful*

Last night i tried it with Organic Green Tea. It felt nice after. My acne is more on the severe side so i'll have to wait a while til i know if its doing anything.

I'm going to do it every TUES-THURS-SAT

Thanks for the info

Also i think i'mma do that straw thing cause it was crazy hard to breathe. That cant be good for you taking in all that boiling steam.

Ok I have steamed like 4 times now like once every 2-3 days and I seem to be breaking out pretty badly like in the mouth and chin area, so I'm just wondering if continual steaming will eventually bring everthing up and out so I wont break out anymore? Also how long do you think it will take?

^i dont think you should worry about it. Steam is not a chemical, its 100% natural so its not like you can be allergic to an ingredient in it which is causing breakouts.

Just keep at it man. Every person is different so who knows how long it'll be til you stop breaking out.

Ok I have steamed like 4 times now like once every 2-3 days and I seem to be breaking out pretty badly like in the mouth and chin area, so I'm just wondering if continual steaming will eventually bring everthing up and out so I wont break out anymore? Also how long do you think it will take?

A few questions:

1) Does this actually work with -any- household salt? >.>

2) It says 3-5 times a week, how should this be divided within the week?)

3) Are you supposed to feel the salt working? I tried it today, but didn't feel any burning/tingling, etc. How do you make sure the salt dissolved? When I dumped the water out at the end, there was still a lot at the bottom unmelted...

4) Is this the same thing as sitting in a steam room?

Okay...hey everyone, sorry i havent been on to reply all of the posts lately! Been pretty off and busy couple days.. /= alright here we goooooo!

hopeful42day - when you wash with cold water..dry it afterwards.. =)

tatorhead - HEY! IM glad your breaking out (not in a mean way tho) the steaming is releasing everything out in the open so it could like DIEEE instantly xD well thats wat happend to me! If you read my pasts posts..in like the 5th page, u'll see that when i bring everything up..everything goes away in like a week when i treat it with masks, good washing, etc. So its okay to break out duddee! Its all in the steaming! <3

Pngwyn -

1) yes it works with ANY KIND OF SALT!

2)I put 3-5 times a week so that it will not overdry ur skin..so people wont be steaming everyday of the week cos that will just DRY everything up..not so good. U could split up the days when time is of the essence. Maybe weekends (thats what i do..ive narrowed it down to weekens only) or anytime you feel like steaming. But i think you should keep it at a consistent day..ex. M.T.W.T.F.S.S. You shoould keep on steeaming on the regular day you steam. LIke stick it to the schedule you know what i mean? Ha ha <3

3)Well the salt thing is kinda obvious..if you dump in the salt and it doesnt dissolve right a way, just stick a spoon/stick..in there and swirl it around untill does! haha simple enough? Well when i sayd burning..the salt really ISNT BURNING YOU! The steam is actually. When the steam is really hot hot hot..it kinda burns your face doesnt it? Well if it didnt then check up on me..u might be doing something wrong mann.!

4) You could think of it that way since its ur face thats only steaming not ur whole body. But dont expect the actual steam room to be as hott as the facial steam! That would be OOOUCCCCHHHHH!

-----------------------------------------------------

Well much love to everyone! Hope to hear from ya'lls soon =)

is it ok if I keep steaming and washing with water, will I eventually stop breaking out? I'm steaming ever other day, but thinking about doing a steam, steam, no steam schedule

Sure thats fine..haha i do that too. I just do it whenever i feel like it you know? But wash with a CLEANSER afterwards not just water. It works and cleanse better. I suggest a MASK. Omg it works devine =)

Inty - I think its okay NOT to use a moisturizer aftwards. My skin is fairly dry sometimes oily but not so much. I dont use moisturizer after steam so i dont think it would really help much. Ur face wont overdry THAT much. But hey everyone is different and if it feels a lil dry and rough apply some on..wont hurt rite? <3

Tatorhead - SURE any kind of mask is great..that mask looks even better. Have u used that mask before? Well tell me if u have or havent..maybe i shuold get a hold of that too. Ive been looking for some new masks. =]

Toodlez!

<3 Karena

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, the one everyone raves about - and rightly so, works really well after you steam your face.

I have a question though. I really need to exfoliate to help along some old hyperpigmentation marks. Do you all think it's ok to exfoliate after I rinse the mask off, or should I exfoliate on a different day?

Hey pattersonjk =) I think you should exfoliate every other day. I dont like to exfoliate my face a lot cos iuno../= it tends to feel irritated if i do it everday. So i narrowed it down to EVERY other day..works just as well! Good luck =) What do you exfoliate with anyways? Just wondering.. =]

Hi,

My boyfriend has been claiming that steam rooms/saunas would help my acne. So do you guys think he may be right....I have acne on my back as well as my face.

So far this hasn't worked for me at all, unfortunately. The only difference I noticed is that my skin is extremely sensitive afterwards. I'm going to try varying it slightly to see if I get better results.

You just have to be careful not to scold your skin, that can make things worse. Don't get your face too close to the hot water and if you really do feel a great deal of discomfort under your towel then it's best to come out for 30 seconds to release a bit of the steam as you may be scolding your skin.

Your skin is vulnerable after a steam so it is best to leave it and not use any face washes or soaps or scrubs.

I have used steaming successfully to help with my acne for about 6 months now. It does bring things to the surface to start with but after a couple of weeks of regular steaming the results are great!

If my skin is particularly bad I will add a few drops of lavender & blue chamomile essential oils to help reduce inflammation and assist healing. I can't use tea-tree, it seems to irritate my skin.

smile.gif This is a good thread, well done Tiramisu!

You just have to be careful not to scold your skin, that can make things worse. Don't get your face too close to the hot water and if you really do feel a great deal of discomfort under your towel then it's best to come out for 30 seconds to release a bit of the steam as you may be scolding your skin.

Your skin is vulnerable after a steam so it is best to leave it and not use any face washes or soaps or scrubs.

I have used steaming successfully to help with my acne for about 6 months now. It does bring things to the surface to start with but after a couple of weeks of regular steaming the results are great!

If my skin is particularly bad I will add a few drops of lavender & blue chamomile essential oils to help reduce inflammation and assist healing. I can't use tea-tree, it seems to irritate my skin.

smile.gif This is a good thread, well done Tiramisu!

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, the one everyone raves about - and rightly so, works really well after you steam your face.