Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK I just did this steam

It felt great on my skin...i cant really tell if its improved much yet or not but it felt really really great. Afterwards I applied BP and it absorbed much more easily into my open pores.

Another thing is when I first started using the BP I got alot of burns on my face which have finally healed... however there was alot of dead burned skin on my face that I couldnt get off no matter how much moisturizer I used. After I steamed I noticed that alot of the skin had been "steamed" loose, so this is just what ive been looking for. After my next steam im gonna exfoliate with a blackhead clearing scrub and see how that works out.

Thanks alot for posting this tiramisu... tell your mom I love her too

Guys, have you never seen the Bill Nye episode? What's the point of putting salt in the water? The steam that comes from the bowl is 100% water vapor, not salt water vapor.

actually I did see that one, I think Joel might be right, I mean that is after all how you desalinate ocean water in order to drink it, but also, if aint broke dont fix it...I mean if steaming works with salt use salt, oh but you know what, the salt would change the waters boiling point, meaning that the steam is theoretically 'hotter' steam, hmmm, anyway read my posts on the zeno thread, there could be a 'heat' connection.

Hahaha true humanbiology! Well it doesnt matter to me anyway..i love the smell with the salt cos instead of just water u have a lil something extra. I feel that the salt works better when i steam. Joel, I havent seen bill nye the science guy since the 5th grade..i could really careless.

Try steaming with different herbs! They work wonders!!!

Licorice root is the number one herbal choice for steaming no matter what your skin type, because it helps open the pores, soothes, cleanses, and lubricates. Just break a piece of root into your steam pot.

-Dry Skin

Try lavender, mint or calendula

-Sensitve skin

Try calendula, chamomile, or comfrey;

-Oily skin

Try mint, lavender, lemongrass, rose and/or witch hazel

I personally, wash my face with a gentle cleanser to start, then steam for 15-30 min., rinse my face and apply a mask. I do this only once a week. You should not apply a mask more then once a week. But steaming is definitely beneficial about 3 x a week! Also dont forget to apply an oil free moisturizer or vitamin E to your skin after the treatment. Sometimes I skip the mask depending on my skin is and apply a good amount of heavy moisturizer like vitamin E to my face in circular motions and sit over the steam for 15-30min, this will allow the moisturizer to seep into your skin DEEP!

Remember even if you have very oily skin you still need to moisturize!

Happy steaming everyone!

-Michelle

lol! No human biology no..no pot alowed..just salt. >.< HEY! Thanks michellle i'll try the different herbs as well! I use lemongrass to wash my face..they have this lemongrass cleanser at bathandbodyworks..it works sooooo GREAT! I love how it tones my skin and its so smooth afterwards! I`m loving it! =]

Try steaming with different herbs!  They work wonders!!!

Licorice root is the number one herbal choice for steaming no matter what your skin type, because it helps open the pores, soothes, cleanses, and lubricates. Just break a piece of root into your steam pot.

-Dry Skin

Try lavender, mint or calendula

-Sensitve skin

Try calendula, chamomile, or comfrey;

-Oily skin

Try mint, lavender, lemongrass, rose and/or witch hazel

I personally, wash my face with a gentle cleanser to start, then steam for 15-30 min., rinse my face and apply a mask.  I do this only once a week.  You should not apply a mask more then once a week.  But steaming is definitely beneficial about 3 x a week!  Also dont forget to apply an oil free moisturizer or vitamin E to your skin after the treatment.  Sometimes I skip the mask depending on my skin is and apply a good amount of heavy moisturizer like vitamin E to my face in circular motions and sit over the steam for 15-30min, this will allow the moisturizer to seep into your skin DEEP!

Remember even if you have very oily skin you still need to moisturize!

Happy steaming everyone!

-Michelle

Im a professional steam yo! I can kick ass through all those hard steam coming up my face. Sweat is what u need to come out of ur face! Sweat sweat sweat. Say it with me..lol

I am getting pimples on my forehead which is the only place I have clear skin. Maybe I am forcing all the yucky stuff out to fast lol. I should keep it hidden under my skin.

lmao! hahah u crack me up..Lol what did i say? Dudee! I know u love me and my steaming and everything..but keep it down.. 3-5 days only..maybe even less! Ur gunna break out maan! Its all in the steammm!

Hey tiramisu, since I read this thread, I decided to have a try at facial steaming and have to say that my face has never felt or looked better. I hope this continues.... I have been steaming everyday and not using any crap on my face (i.e. facial cleansers or moisturisers) and I think my face is reforming back to the way it was. The best thing is that its very simple to do and it doesnt dry out my skin. Thanks a lot!