Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys. i'm going to steam soon but i'm on retina-a tretinoin .1% and i was wondering if i can apply it after steam>? or not? OR i can apply a honey aspirin mask after the steam? and then the cream at night? imagine! i'll have a double IB! LOL 0-0

I've tried steaming a few times (for 10 minutes under a towel) but I notice I never sweat much.. I mean my face will feel a little moist, but in a gooey way.. no actual sweat really. Is this because I use Tazorac? I only use it at night, but maybe it's always in my pores and blocks them somehow?

I want to try this

My skin is clearing up I don't have any breakouts except one little whitehead but I have clogged pores on my forehead and redmarks

so would this be a step in the wrong direction? I don't want a purging process which is what many of the members posted earlier

but I was just going to try this and do a mask afterwards

i would put maybe a green tea bag in the bowl[aromatherapy?]

people that have tried this... please comment =]

i do a mask before the steam, but i wonder if it better to do it after also?

any one else know when it is best to apply a mask when steaming?

Hey there, so basically do a steam for 10 minutes (i will start on that) THEN cleanse? (Dans regimen cleanser)

Can i do the following -

Wake up, boil kettle etc, steam face, then get into a warm shower and cleanse as usual or?

I used to do a steam like 2-3 times a week whenever I had a flare-up, and then I wouldn't be bothered doing it/wouldn't remember to do it after the flare-up subsided.

Some basic rules to follow:

1. After you steam, DO NOTTTTTT put a mask or a cleanser or anything on your face. The steam itself is pretty drying, so anythign else excessively will make it even more drying. Simply just rinse your face with water.

2. If you want to get a deep clean, put something in the water right before you steam your face. Maybe salt, maybe tree tea oil ,maybe lemon juice. Basically, something that will disinfect your pores so that you wont have to put on some type of cleanser after to dry it up even more.

3. DONT do it everyday, do it 2-3 times a week for starters and adjust to your skin accordingly.

Anyone please?! Wanna do this asap! I'm kinda thinking ... since the steaming "cleanses" after it shall i apply BP so it absorbs more?

I think the salt really works well.

Once I tried to steam without the salt, because I didn't know that salt could even be used when steaming.

Well, when I cleaned my face with a cleanser, it was just put, on, and wash off.

After I used salt, when I applied I could actually feel the cleanser work.

So salt = A must?

I signed up a while ago but i never really did much but i broke out pretty bad recently and was trying to clear up my face quick so i tried this steam thing and it looks pretty good after the first time.

I steamed andt then put hydrogen peroxide on. i figured it killed germs so why not germs in my pores idk it cant get much worse so i gave it a try. Thanks for the idea

Adding salt to water would reduce the vapor pressure/increase the boiling point, thus increasing the temperature of the vapor as long as you have enough salt dissolved. Frankly, two handfuls seem like enough to make a significant change. There is the scientific explanation, I haven't tried this yet but you can bet that when I do I will be using the salt.

No offense, but you're 13.. you really shouldn't be advising people to throw out medications and such because something worked for you. If I've learned anything on here, it's that a lot of people seem to invent their own regiments that work for them and no one else.

If you guys even took the time out of your day to read a short excerpt, or a paragraph, or a page. I can't believe you'd say this about an age. This is all so very disappointing. This person made this post when they were 13, they are dead now. They died in 2005 of kidney disease, and you still make this rude comment - on someone, a dead person, who was just suggesting a regimen ? ... Really?

Sorry, but I can't believe people are taking advice from a 13 year old. Of course steam is good.

That being said, salt doesn't get into your pours and clean them. When water turns into steam, it's just that - water. Salt doesn't evaporate with it. The only thing hitting your face is water. The salt stays behind in the bowl.

i tried it just now and it made my face feel really good (except my nose which i burnt on the water). it also seemed to make existing spots fade a little which was pleasing

Thanks

I like this alot has loosened gunk in my pores and made my face look cleaner. :)

Only recommend doing this once to twice a week, overdoing it I believe will cause breakouts.

Hey, i have a question. If i were to put 1000 mg of vitamin c in the steam would it help my acne because the plain steam does not help.

The salt is going to do absolutely nothing to the steam. Steam would be the result of boiling water and is a common process in water purification (distilling) in which the substance is heated to is boiling point and begins to evaporate while the impurities remain in the bowl due to their higher boiling point. Putting the salt in the boiling water is pointless.

Hey there, just tried this out!!

The only thing was, sometimes it got uncomfortable to breathe that steamy hotness. I had to stick my head out sometimes. Otherwise, I think it went well, can your face feel a little tight afterwards?

It's not unbearable though. Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna do this from now on and hope to see good results!! :)

Just read all 19 pages... wow.

Anyway, I've noticed that people never really post any updates outside of one to two weeks.

Does this REALLY work? Or is it one of those things where it looks/feels like it's working the first few times, but then you find out that nothing's changed and that you were just too excited was all?

Just read all 19 pages... wow.

Anyway, I've noticed that people never really post any updates outside of one to two weeks.

Does this REALLY work? Or is it one of those things where it looks/feels like it's working the first few times, but then you find out that nothing's changed and that you were just too excited was all?

No one knows... it's why it's difficult to find a single solid solution on this forum.

Also keep in mind that the OP here is a thirteen year-old, with thirteen year-old acne and an 8 year-old mind. In my experience, steaming works no better than rinsing your face a few times with warm water and using a mild cleanser; it just dries out your face at a greater extent. Also in my experience, topicals are not the answer; lifestyle is. Topicals just help.

I'm gonna try this today. Hope it works. I heard that salt's not really good for your skin it damages it and 2 tablespoons of salt? that looks a lot to me.