Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamie3

hot or cold water? can anyone help?

i was wondering what water level would be best to use when cleansing your skin during the day and night. i hope anyone can offer me any help on what they use as i really do not know what water level is best for acne.

8-[

Some swear by splashing there face with warm water, applying cleansing bar and then washing off with cold. Something to do with opening and closing pores. Others say there is no evidence that this works so they leave out the cold. I think you just gotta find what is right for you because it probably won't make a huge difference, not that i have found anyway.

I think warm or cold, it doesnt really make a difference. Whatever you do, DONT USE HOT water. Use whatever that is comfortable to your skin. Rinse it a couple of times and you should know.

Joe

Warm water seems to feel good

So I guess warm water will be great.

hot water will dry your skin - don't use. warm water before and during washing is better than cold (higher temperature raises the solubility of dirt and oil in the water).