Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shady milkman

which vitamins should i take and not take?

Hello,

need suggestions on what to take. I read that anything with iodine should be prevented and that taking vitamin c helps.

so what kind of vitamins help get rid of red marks and scars?

also what kind of multi vitamins do you guys take? i used to take centrum, but noticed that there is 150 mcg of iodine in it.

thanks a bunch.

I'm currently taking 100mg Vit C n 15mg Zinc in one tablet thingy once a day, my mom got them me from tesco.

Don't over do the zinc, I saw a report on the news about it causing long term organ damage if you take anything over the recommended daily dose (including zinc you get in regular food). Same goes for vitamen E which can destroy your liver long term.

A good multi vitamin/mineral is always good to take - I use Biocare supplements mainly (I think they are only available in the uK) their products are very good. Solgar is another good brand.

Vit C is good for collagen building. Zinc is good for wound healing.

150mcg of Iodine will not cause acne. That is the daily requirement. It is better to get a good multi vit than just to megadose on a few.

zinc won't damage you if you take copper with it. zinc eats coppers so if you take zinc you must also take copper. if you want to stay away from Iodine stop using table salt. however, you should at least have the RDA.

maya's right(as always :D ) get a good complex multi(not centrum not one a day). a good multi should be at least a two aday.