Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bluerain

collagen cream

a friend of mine is using helena rubinstein day and night collagen cream, for about three months. and she said if we use this cream with tatto (needling) , it will be much more effective.

what are the ingredients? That's an expensive brand, there are normally cheaper products out there with similar ingredients.

yes maya, you are right , it is an expensive brand, one cream aproximatly 100$. after 3 month we can see huge different, it can help stimulate collagen

ingredients: aqua/water, squalane, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, glycerylsterate, peg40 sterate, myristate, octyldodecanol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamete,terepthalylidene dicamphor sulfonic acid, panthenol, capryloyl salicylic acid, tocopheryl acetate.....

It sounds similar to some of the skin biology products which are cheaper.

Collagen has been proven to not be effective at all if put on topically. The reason - your skin's pores aren't big enough to absorb the large collagen molecules. Sorry, it's a scam.

Rive

rive is right, and even if the collagen can npenetrate the epidermis (such as via needling), it will be absorbed and expelled (rejected) by the body very rapidly.

bluerain - yes use the cream, it obviously is good for your friend, so it is worth a try.

Come on guys - this cream is to 'help stimulate collagen' - it is NOT collagen.

I guess I was confused by the title of the topic.

It is possible to stimulate collagen production, though I'm not sure if there's any way to do that past the epidermal layer using current topicals. Most acne scars are the result of collagen lost in the dermis. It seems that there should be a way to get collagen stimulating ingredients into the dermis. Nicotine and hormone patches deliver drugs that penetrate through the epidermis to the blood vessels in the dermis. I guess that technology would only work for certain types of drugs (low molecular weight). Anyways, I'm getting a bit off topic, I guess.

Stimulating collagen is a different matter than trying to put collagen directly on to your skin. Even if it only does stimulate collagen in the upper levels, it should be beneficial. Don't give up hope until you've at least tried it for a while. If you're scars are shallow, that might be all you need.

scar_search - my scars arent shallow so i need more treat except these creams, i use in the mornings: collagenist afternoons:vinegar evenings:collagenist night