Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I <3 The Beatles

If there is a God...how come he is effing with us?

Is there a God?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a God?

• Yes
    • Yes, but he's a dick for giving me shitty skin and socially crippling me
    • No, life sucks

I do not believe in God at all so I don't blame him.

But I must say - if he did exist, then he must be the sickets, cruelest son of a b*tch to ever exist.

LOL - many share your opinion.

That's only if you think God is out there to protect us from harm. That's an expectation - one that Life gets in the way of all the time.

But if you think God is NOT responsible for keeping us from getting hurt, suddenly there is not so much to be angry at him for.

My life happened in a way that was contrary to the idea of God I'd been raised with. Completely different. I was hurt and angry - what I had EXPECTED God to do, and what was actually happening were worlds apart.

One of the two had to change in order to ease the pain. My idea of God or my life. Well, the ideas were easier to change. So that is where I started.

Guest WhyGOD111

I honestly think the cause of acne is from alien abductions. Once they take us to the mother ship we get contaminated by the alien air. Something like that. I never wake up during the abductions but I know thats whats happening

Guest rgnc852
I don't care how bad things get-I believe there is a God and He has always existed. I dont believe God brings these sufferings...especially the emotional effect that we are all feeling. Maybe the negativity is coming from another source (ahem, Satan..). Either way, if you dont faith, it is hard to accomplish anything in life. Just my two cents.

Well, remember, Threeinone111, that at the time of the Bible being written, meat was TERRIBLY unsafe to eat. They had no refridgeration methods - the only way people knew how to preserve meat was to smoke it into jerky. And even then, you have to be careful or else you'll spoil the meat completely. Even unto the early 20th century, eating meat was suspect and a good way to get ill.

It was a very good idea back then not to eat meat.

Wasn't there a story (can't remember if it is old testament or new) about God sending down a zillion doves in response to his people getting angry about the lack of meat? And the people ate so much meat that they all got sick?

Curious story.

God.....He made the world in 7 days bla fucking bla....

The one page missing from the bible....

"All following content of this book is fictional and should not be taken seriously. The human life is a power tripping rolercoaster where people make up stories in order to retain or gain power and control" - Hey doesnt that sound true?

Christians for the death penalty.......when the bible states "thou shall not kill" yeah......unless you really want to. I mean hey if it wasnt for capital punishment then we wouldnt have an easter holiday (thats a 3 day weekend where i live!)

Poeple who believe in creationism, dont they look unevolved? hairy hands and feet with the big eyebrow bridge......"I believe god created me in one day".........yeah.....looks like he rushed it.

A god (elephant with 8 trunks).....man when they were handing out gods he must have been taking a piss!

Those catholic priests sure do love those choir boys..........Oh yeah! "Who's your priest, say my name"

Christians wear crosses? do you really think jesus will wanna see a cross when he comes back!!??

Religion fills in the gaps that science fail to.......as we become more technologically advanced religion becomes more of a joke!

"Go back to bed america, your government is in control, go back to bed, heres american gladiators....watch this and shut up, go back to bed"

George bush senior "we live in a dangerous world" ..........yeah thanks to you fucker!

Saddam hussain has dangerous wepons........how do you know that Mr.Bush?

Well....................we looked at the receipt!!!

Go back to bed, your democratic nation is in control.........

Guest Marino

As a chrisitan I believe we were created in a world which has its own rules, that of nature. We are subjected to these rules. God put us on this world as a test.

I believe God is willing to help us through the teachings of the bible. The only time God can directly intereven and break the laws he created is when you pray in 100 percent non doubtful faith and trust, because that is almost impossible for an average person to do, it rarely happens. People that do have the power to make this divine intervention happen on more than 1 occasion are called saints [and theres not to many of them both past and present].

This helps explain why suffering goes on and bad things happen to good people. The world we live in is based on the harsh realities of life; disease, famine, death and hardship are things we must endure. God can only help us once we break the barier of doubt, untill we can learn to break that barier the teachings of the Bible are our next best device in dealing with our problems [which are only a fraction of the help compared to divine intervention].

Think of it like you and your pet. No matter what problems your pet has you cant realy do anything about it because you cant understand what the pet is saying. God works in similar way; he can only help us once we talk to God in his language which is complete love, faith and trust. You cant just pray and expect God to obey your every command. Just that one shread of doubt in the dark receses of your mind ruin it all.

The reason why God probably doesn't answer our calls for acne would have to do with the intentions behind it which affects our ability to truly ask God to get rid of it. Acne is basically a cosmetic disease no matter how serious it is. I know cysts can hurt at times but compared to most diseases the pain is minimal. Acne affects our inter-personal ability due to the expectations of our society. When I had acne I wanted to get rid of it at first because I didnt want people to make fun of it, the real issue was I let other peoples words decided how I felt about myself which is a sad thing to let happen. The following time I had acne I wanted to get rid of it because it affected my chances of getting laid. Again these aren't reasons worthy enough for divine intervention, there just social issues which I need to learn to overcome [except for the geting laid part which is just wrong all together]. People are a lot more likly to develope that 100 percent trust thing when they have lepresey or cancer which is why those two groups of people have a high sucess rate of divine intervention.

I hope this helps exaplin why God allows bad things to happen, maybe this makes things pyschologically less easier to accept.

Wow. While I disagree with the theology, I have to say, Marino - that's a great way of putting it.

That was a really good explanation of it from your side. Thank you.

Guest rgnc852
As a chrisitan I believe we were created in a world which has its own rules, that of nature. We are subjected to these rules. God put us on this world as a test.

however bad i feel, i always know there's people worse off. Not being perfect, in my opinion keeps people real, it keeps people grounded, and when things improve, which they will for all of us, we will hopefully be able to reflect and benefit from having been 'at the bottom'. I'm no eternal optimist and i get very very very down, but i believe in God, and i hope we'll be ok.

How many times when you're out having a few beers with mates, (rare for me these days) do you see these 'beautiful people'. guys in the main, acting like absolute wankers, hurting people and generally just being c**ts. If acne keeps me from ever being like that then its a small consolation.

Keep The Faith!!

God is just an imaginary friend for adults.

If there truly was a GOD, he wouldn't let his children suffer like this.

God.....He made the world in 7 days bla fucking bla....

The one page missing from the bible....

"All following content of this book is fictional and should not be taken seriously. The human life is a power tripping rolercoaster where people make up stories in order to retain or gain power and control" - Hey doesnt that sound true?

Christians for the death penalty.......when the bible states "thou shall not kill" yeah......unless you really want to. I mean hey if it wasnt for capital punishment then we wouldnt have an easter holiday (thats a 3 day weekend where i live!)

Poeple who believe in creationism, dont they look unevolved? hairy hands and feet with the big eyebrow bridge......"I believe god created me in one day".........yeah.....looks like he rushed it.

A god (elephant with 8 trunks).....man when they were handing out gods he must have been taking a piss!

Those catholic priests sure do love those choir boys..........Oh yeah! "Who's your priest, say my name"

Christians wear crosses? do you really think jesus will wanna see a cross when he comes back!!??

Religion fills in the gaps that science fail to.......as we become more technologically advanced religion becomes more of a joke!

"Go back to bed america, your government is in control, go back to bed, heres american gladiators....watch this and shut up, go back to bed"

George bush senior "we live in a dangerous world" ..........yeah thanks to you fucker!

Saddam hussain has dangerous wepons........how do you know that Mr.Bush?

Well....................we looked at the receipt!!!

Go back to bed, your democratic nation is in control.........

hmmm, my guess is bad stuff happens because people are bad. But anyway, I dont know really why but whats amazing is that instead of staying in Heaven God actually decided to come down and get tortured and killed, haha oh my gosh! that is incredible like just think about that God had everything EVER he owns it all then reduced himself to a 5 foot jewish body and says this is how much I want to be with people

haha im sorry I just cant leave this alone, with that said..

Jesus was marred more than any man, he was barely recgonizable! Who can say God must be a cold, distant, angry God if he actually came down!! God suffered more than ANY OF US probably ever will

and yet we find it within us to say 'oh man God must really hate me i have acne'

I KNOW MANY PEOPLE HERE WON'T LIKE ME AFTER I SAY THIS! BUT CAN'T YOU LOOK AROUND YOU AND SEE THAT ALL THE BIG LIES THEY HAVE MADE HAS BEEN PROVEN. AS WE GO TO OUR FUTURE WE WILL SEE THAT RELIGION IS JUST A BIG FAT MITHOLOGICAL LIE. DO U BELIEVE IN THOSE GREEK MITHS? I'M SURE YOU DON'T. WHY SHOULD YOU BELIEVE ON A SET OF BOOKS WRITEN BY MAN OR TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S WORD? BACK THEN, I SUSPECT THEY MADE UP GOD JUST TO SCARE PEOPLE AND CONTROL THEM.( ROMAN EMPIRE) CAN'T YOU SEE IF CHURCH WAS IMPORTANT WE WOULD OF BEEN GOING TO CHURCH EVERYDAY OR TAKE CLASSES OF CHURCH INSTEAD OF STUDING AT SCHOOL? DON'T YOU GUYS KNOW THE HISTORY OF CHRISTIANS AND ALL OTHER RELIGIONS? IT WAS ONE SINGLE RELIGION MADE FIRST. BUT AS MAN DISAGREED OR AS ONE STOLE AND TRIED TO TAKE COMMAND THE OTHERS SEPARATED AND MADE THEIR OWN CHURCH. WHY WOULD CHURCH LEADERS KILL SCIENTIST WHO WERE TELLING THE TRUTH. SOCRATES WAS KILLED BY THE ROMANS. HE AND OTHERS WERE CORRECTING THE CHURCHS LIE THAT THE WORLD IS PLANE. AFTER TELLING THEM THAT THE WORLD IS ROUND THEY WERE KILLED. ( CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG) POPE AND ALL THE OTHERS KNOW THE TRUTH() BUT THEY WON'T TELL US. RELIGION IS JUST A FAIDING POLITICAL PARTY. WHY DO YOU THINK THEY HAVE TO VOTE TO GET A NEW POPE. SAMETHING WITH ALL THE OTHER RELIGIONS THEY VOTE TO GET THEIR LEADER.... SAME THING WE DO TO CHOOSE OUR LEADER())()() I'M NOT SAYING THERE ISN'T AN OMNIST OR EVEN I'M NOT SAYING WER WERE CREATED. BUT TO THIS DAY THE PROOF IS THAT WE EVOLVED. I'M OPEN MINDED IF THE MAN OR WOMAN SHOWS UP. ANYWYS IF THIS CREATOR IS SO POWER FULL WHY SHOULD WE NOT MEET HIM.. MY BEST ADVICE IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS DON'T BE AFRAID CAUSE YOU AREA MISSING OUT. DON'T BE AFRAID. I WAS RELIGIOUS. I WAS AFRAID TO SAY THERE'S NO GOD. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE.. IF YOU BELIEVE IN "GOD" YOU WOULD BELIEVE IDIANS LEVITATE. AHAHAHAH THOSE PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC.... I DON'T MEAN TO HURT ANYONE I RESPECT ALL CULTURES AND RACE, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I'VE NEVER HURT ANYONE'S FEELING. BUT PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS RUDE TO ME.. SO CHURCH IS JUST A FUCKING LIE. DON'T SPEND AND WASTE UR PRESIOUS DAYS DOING THAT...LOVE YOUR LIFE..

No i havn't read the bible because i know religion is a crock of shit!

Theres more important things in life than praying to a non existant god.

explain to me then 'fellow brother of god" why are there paedophilia rings within the catholic church........?

Was mary really a VIRGIN? (fuck that)

If you can answer all my questions and scepticism about religion then i will happily swallow my pride and believe in god. (Questions from my above post)

Moses really swept the ocean aside for his jews to cross the river? Id like to see that happen again, now thats something id pay to see!

we are all related due to adam and eve..............we are all fucking our sisters and brothers of god?

i could go on for days about the bullshit we've been fed for the past 2000 years......you go ahead and feel your stickin up for the god squad and your going to heaven, go ahead..........im going to smoke drugs,fuck loads of women and gamble all day long..........make sure to keep me a seat at church.

when I hear people preaching about god and the bible, I feel like slapping them, and telling them to get back to reality

Right on aquaman.......!

Especially when your on a night out and you get some bible bashers trying to tell you your going to hell because you've sinned!

"Ah,ill ask for forgivness on my death bed, im sure he wont mind" - i use that one quite a lot.