Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UTvol

Why does it have to be on my Face?

Ya Know!

If it was on my back, or chest or anything else, i wouldnt care. When you look at someone and they see you, they look at your face, not your back or chest. Why the hell does this have to be on the face? [-(

hehe. yeah.. it should have been some consealed or something..

Fortunately I don't get pimples on my body..

Unfortunately they come on my NOSE! :D

but I'm sticking to the regimen.. and B5 so hopefully all should be better soon.

I prefer my b*tt and b*lls clean from acne so I prefer it on my face, lol.

But yes I understand it sucks, why not the feet? :D

i don't have bad acne and i'd rather it be on my face than my back or chest. this is because people get used to it and it doesn't appear as bad. however if you had a clear face and then you pull off your shirt and you're covered in acne people will go "OH MY GOD!"

Now I wish there were no acnes on everypart of the skin.

About thatoneguy said "however if you had a clear face and then you pull off your shirt and you're covered in acne people will go "OH MY GOD!"

You are kind of right, but not exactly, because you wont always pull your shirt in the public area.

On the other hand if the acne is on your face, what can you do to cover it?

Girls might use makeup, but what about guys?

So I still believe that the worse par to have acne is on the face, because is real hard to cover it in the public area, and you will sure look embrassed.

its pretty simple... don't pull of your shirt. But if its in your face, what can you do :-k

i had bacne for a while until i started doing something about it. it wasn't bad, just small pimples on the upper back. i have a pool and a jacuzzi at my house and i use them nearly everyday in the summer with people and i always felt embarrassed to go swimming because of the bacne. but i don't feel embarrassed most of the time when i go public places with my face showing. people know i have acne, so why avoid it? honestly, people don't care that much, definitely when you're 16 with acne, because everybody else has it too.

I dont know

not everyone have to swim or have a swimming pool in there home so that they have chances to pull of their shirt in front of your friends.

But on the other hand, everyone have the chances to show their faces in front of your friends or other people in the public.

So I still think the worst is on the face, because you cant cover with anything.

And I dont agree with you that "people don't care that much, definitely when you're 16 with acne, because everybody else has it too." Well if is a few pimples on the face, of course who the hell cares. If is more than 10 on your face? I do think people care. You will give a bad image to people that "Man this guy/girl must be dirty and never wash his/her face" Even though we all know the dirty thing is not a reason for acne, but not everyone understand (especially people who never experienced this b4). I didnt understand this until i tured 21 last few months ago.(Although I dont have bad acne and now i am 90% cured now...) *Touch Wood*

So people do care about how you look, remeber this when you meet a person, the first thing they are going to see is your face. (Not your arms, your back, your legs, etc....)

i dunno. i have acne that isn't just a few pimples. just two days ago i got three cysts next to my nose which look horrible, and i have tons of redmarks. no whiteheads though. and nobody in my entire life has said anything about my acne. nobody really inspects it, nobody really cares. i think a lot of people bring it on themselves, they see somebody's eyes and they get paranoid thinking they are inspecting their acne. a lot of it is mental. unless of course i live in some strange equilibrium where nobody cares about flaws, but i doubt that...

i agree with thatoneguy. my acne has ranged from mild to heavy-moderate for much of my life =( but no one really cares about it. sometimes my friends will comment when it gets really bad, but that's only because they want to suggest products that will help (nice of them, but what do people who have perfect skin know about acne products?? not much...). i've never had a lack of friends, or lack of attention from guys because of my face. the bad thing is what acne does to your self-esteem. screw it. it doesn't matter if you have 2 zits or 200 zits, you're still the same person inside :D

But people dont need to go in front of your face and tell you "You dirty little shit!"

Especially people who you dont know will never said that in front of your face, but this doesnt mean that they dont feel this way.

Honestly, b4 i got acne my friends and I and many people who i know which dont have acne always think that acnes are caused from dirty. Now if they dont care how you look or your acne on the face, why will they think this way right? They will not say it out in front of you because they might scare to make you feel embrassed (especially to a strange person, I will never walk up to he/she and say you look very dirty or somthing) but they will probably still think that you are a dirty person inside of them.

So maybe not everyone cares, but sure there are many people think of you this way. Espeically if you are pretty girl or handsome guy with acnes on your face, because your face and outlook already attract the person but once they look up close and see all those acne on your face, they will just leave and never look back at you again.

So I must say this again, the worst place to have acne must be on the face.

Because as I said "First Impression is very important".

Just try to chat somebody (without acne) up with acne on your face. Just try to think about kissing somebody, which has lot of whitehead around the mouth (some had just burst), full on the lips. Watch on your first impressions when you meet somebody with hard acne. Would you envisage to love him, even if he is a great person considering his personality? And how could this person show his personality if you have no urge to know him more ? I do not, although I know acne since 12 years. Remember that compassion isn't friendship or love. And Friendship isn't love.

Moreover, back is less irriative than face, and you can hardly treat it, without worry about redness (it can be hidden until the skin get use)

I would exchange my face acne for back acne. Without hesitancy.

Honestly, I'm kind of disappointed. So many people say how acne has made them less shallow, and it has taught them a lesson in life. But that is a lie. These people are the shallowest of them all. Like "you" put, first impression is soooo important. That's shallow. You guys worry so much on your looks, so put so much pressure on what you look like. That is shallow. I see a lot of people's signatures that say "You are beautiful on the inside" or whatnot. Why are these people shallow too? The deep people are the ones who don't worry about their acne as this huge flaw that ruins their social status. You go out and do normal things and hang out with people despite how much acne you have. That's deep, that's how you deal with it.

But we have a lot of hypocrites here. They say how the kids with their perfect complexions are shallow. They judge people based on how many zits they have. Okay, fine, I agree with you in some cases. But you talk all the guilt off you. You are guilty too. Yes, you should worry about your face to the extent of getting it cleared. But people who hide in their basement for a whole summer and don't talk to anybody, you are shallow. Go out and be you, if someone says your face looks like crap, ignore them. Your face is what you have, you can't trade it. So instead of running away from it, accept it for whatever it is.

Next time I see a post about how acne taught you a lesson in life, maybe you should think about how you put so much emphasis on your appearance. You must have obviously not learned that lesson. Stop worrying about what others think of you, and start thinking about yourself. You are not them, you can't change their thoughts no matter how hard you try. Go out and be yourself, don't try to please other people. That's not how it works.

thatoneguy have said "Like "you" put, first impression is soooo important"

so you think first impression is not soooooooo important?

Think about it, when you meet a new friend what will they do before you even said "hello". They look at you.

When you go to interview for a job, before you say "hello" to the guy who is interviewing you, what will they do? They look at you. (but I dont mean they wont hire you because you have acne)

Even when you buy a new cup, you will look at the shape and the texture on the cup, before you start thinking if it is going to be useful for you. If the cup have scars and dirt on it, will you still buy it if there is another exact same cup without any scars and dirit on? "I would grab the one without scars and dirt on" and I am sure 95% of people will also do the same.

So You telling me first impression is not sooooooooooooo important?

Almost everything in this world talks about first impression. And the first impression usually comes from your face and how you look. And this is not some kind of "shallow" stuff you were talking about.

On the other hand, you might need a lesson on learning about "First impression", because it doesnt seem like you get the meaning of "How important First impresssion is?" [-X

I don't agree with thatoneguy.

First impression matters for everybody, unintentionally/unconsciously or not, it matters. And although friendship can append beyond the appearance, appearance is essential for feelings.

I think acne is a millstone for all social purpose. You can succeed in relations with it, but it's quiet more difficult. But succeed in sentimental purpose with bad acne on your face is like winning a marathon with a shackle.

Concerning first impression. I would like to say unlike cups, we have minds. We have personalities. Who said first impression only relies on your looks? A person's impression of you can come from your personality, your behavior, your attitude. Your image is only one factor of many. But people with acne tend to forget this. And their lack of confidence has them blaming their face for 100% of their problems, and thus putting too much emphasis on their image as a first impression. If you're an outgoing person with a full, vivid personality, your acne isn't going to be half as bad. I have acne, and I meet new friends all the time. And I have many, many close friends. Like a cup I have imperfections in my complexion, but it doesn't stop me as a personality. You are forgetting that.

As for what MelindaWarren posted. Come on, get real. I'm not talking about people with acne who simply have it and are curing it. Of course that's not shallow. Nor is caring about your face. You have to take care of your body. I would consider a person dirty, just as you would, if they never washed their face or never did anything to fix their acne. You know that I know I wasn't saying it is shallow to care about your acne. I am saying people who care about their acne to the point where it affects their behavior, attitude, and personality. They avoid any social situation whatever and never leave their house. They do poor financially, socially, mentally, physically. That is shallow. These recluses have to understand that their face isn't their only asset. Image is everything, only if you make it.

I was talking about your "FIRST" impression not just impression!

First impression = your outlook (face most of the time)

Now Personality, your behavior, your attitude, is not the most important part of "First" impression. In fact, not sure if they can really count in as a "First" impression.

Anyway before the person get to know your personality, your behavior, your attitude, they will take a look of you. So what is more important? your outlook first or personality behavior?

There might be some baggers who have have good personality, behavior, or attiude, but why do most people walk away from them when they get close to you? Tell me? :?:

If I ask 100 people, I can tell you that 80 people answered the same, because they look dirty and they smell bad.

Hey but that bagger have good personality, behavior, and attiude! So..........

Most people will not think about your personality, behavior, or attiude at the very beginning, they will look at you first. And your face seem to take a very important part of your "First" impression.

Get it?

Is just that simple.

Life is like that.

That's why most actors or singers look beautiful and handsome, because people will not look at your attitude, personality, or behavior at first. But they will look at your outlook. (which your face take a big part of it)

So final thought, face takes a huge important part of your "First impression"

But I am happy that thatoneguy seem to be very confindent about himself which is a very good thing. =D> But you might be forgetting that outlook takes the most important role in "First Impression" :D/