Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UTvol

Why Does God Makes Us Go Through This?

Dont get me wrong, im 100% christian. I pray every night that I want this crap gone, and sometimes it helps, but not a whole lot. One of you that is well versed in the good book, please tell me why, and that this will pass sometime soon........ [-o<

He's punishing you for your sins!!!! hehe just kidding..

its all about genes.. No holy powers are against you or anything... So.. don't feel bad or anything.. and don't be hard on urself either..

I know how you feel. When your dad is 54 and still gets bad breakouts, you know your screwed.

Acctuane is the only choice to clear skin. i dont have insurance, and cant justify 5,000.00 of my saved money for acne.

Its gets pretty sad, when you cant look at yourself in the mirror. I always keep it dark in my bathroom, and never look at my face in the mirror. It does help alot. Then you dont think about your face. If you never look its not there.

I did the regimen for a month and it didnt do crap for me. More acne. Then i went off of it, and i didnt look at my face for a week, and just today i looked and it was terrible. Tons of tiny white heads and bumps.

Like i always say. Fuck it all. who cares.

Dont get me wrong, im 100% christian.  I pray every night that I want this crap gone, and sometimes it helps, but not a whole lot.  One of you that is well versed in the good book, please tell me why, and that this will pass sometime soon........ [-o<

Fuck prayer. Pray to your god all you want, he/she/IT wont fucking take away your pain. Fuck religion, waste of time.

Why does God let us go through having acne? Why does God let us go through any pain? The answear is for our eternal benifit because He loves us. Do you know the passage that says every hair is numbered? It's true of every zit too. Before the beginnign of the world he planned every zit that would happen because HE LOVES YOU and wants you to grow in Him and stop relying on your own perfection because you will never be perfect. Blemishes are such a wonderful reminder that we are human, not gods. Last night I was standing infront of the mirror obsessing(not only do i suffer from acne but also obsessive compulsive disorder which makes me do the unthinkable and constantly pop the zits and make them look a ton worse) and about to pray God make them go away but then I realized something, every pimple, every bit of pain, is a gift because He's giving it to me to benifit me eternaly. I prayed for Him to teach me something and guess what? I woke up this morning and my acne was worse so I know He has answeared my prayer. lol. i know that sooner or later this acne will pass, either in this life or the next, but the lessons gained from having it never will. Everyone goes through pain, every Christain goes through testing so if you are seriously 100% christian then acne is for your benifit and you can try with me (hevens do i struggle) to be 100% happy in Christ and not in looks. God bless.

Amy

P.S. If you want scripture references I can get them for you. But find them for yourself, search the word daily, grow closer to your Father, that will help more than any temporary cure for acne. It will heal your heart.

I am not sure if Pray will work

But all I know is after I get this fuxxing acne attack me, I am having the worst days ever. Everything I work on or do is not on my way. Is like they brought me bad luck or something. (Although I know this have nothing to do with acne) but damn what can I say

I hate it.

Dont get me wrong, im 100% christian.  I pray every night that I want this crap gone, and sometimes it helps, but not a whole lot.  One of you that is well versed in the good book, please tell me why, and that this will pass sometime soon........ [-o<

Fuck prayer. Pray to your god all you want, he/she/IT wont fucking take away your pain. Fuck religion, waste of time.

yea praying wont help... I don't belive in God but dude have some respect for other ppls beliefs.

yea praying wont help... I don't belive in God but dude have some respect for other ppls beliefs.

yeah, please do have some respect for other's beliefs. UTvol didn't ask for you to put down & curse his beliefs but for some encouragement from those who DO believe... so maybe this isn't the place to argue religion.

UTvol... I think prayer DOES work... not always the way you want it to (though He can get rid of your acne if He chooses to)... but I find what changes when I pray isn't necessarily the problem I am praying about but MY attitude to going through it. Yeah, I have had acne for YEARS (I am 29), it is finally clearing... but what's really changed for the better is my perspective on it; as there ARE people suffering in far more terrible ways. I find it hard to fully understand why God allows people to suffer, I don't think I will ever understand. How can a human mind understand God? But I do think He allows us to go through trials and struggles so we will depend more on Him rather than ourselves/looks etc. and also I think, so we can be a help to others who might go through the same stuff as we've experienced.

Do hope that you can find something that works for your skin. Let us know how it goes. Take care.

yeah, please do have some respect for other's beliefs. UTvol didn't ask for you to put down & curse his beliefs but for some encouragement from those who DO believe... so maybe this isn't the place to argue religion.

UTvol... I think prayer DOES work... not always the way you want it to (though He can get rid of your acne if He chooses to)... but I find what changes when I pray isn't necessarily the problem I am praying about but MY attitude to going through it. Yeah, I have had acne for YEARS (I am 29), it is finally clearing... but what's really changed for the better is my perspective on it; as there ARE people suffering in far more terrible ways. I find it hard to fully understand why God allows people to suffer, I don't think I will ever understand. How can a human mind understand God? But I do think He allows us to go through trials and struggles so we will depend more on Him rather than ourselves/looks etc. and also I think, so we can be a help to others who might go through the same stuff as we've experienced.

Do hope that you can find something that works for your skin. Let us know how it goes. Take care.

sorry...

just that the whole god issue has been annoying me for a long time.

Why does God let us go through having acne?  Why does God let us go through any pain?  The answear is for our eternal benifit because He loves us.  Do you know the passage that says every hair is numbered?  It's true of every zit too.  Before the beginnign of the world he planned every zit that would happen because HE LOVES YOU and wants you to grow in Him and stop relying on your own perfection because you will never be perfect.  Blemishes are such a wonderful reminder that we are human, not gods.  Last night I was standing infront of the mirror obsessing(not only do i suffer from acne but also obsessive compulsive disorder which makes me do the unthinkable and constantly pop the zits and make them look a ton worse) and about to pray God make them go away but then I realized something, every pimple, every bit of pain, is a gift because He's giving it to me to benifit me eternaly.  I prayed for Him to teach me something and guess what?  I woke up this morning and my acne was worse so I know He has answeared my prayer.  lol.  i know that sooner or later this acne will pass, either in this life or the next, but the lessons gained from having it never will.  Everyone goes through pain, every Christain goes through testing so if you are seriously 100% christian then acne is for your benifit and you can try with me (hevens do i struggle) to be 100% happy in Christ and not in looks.  God bless.

All I could feel is sorry for you when I read this post. To think that a god would do this to teach some lesson is ridiculous. That's not how a loving person teaches it's children for the same reason I wouldn't cut off my babies ears and nose so it grew up living a life of humiliation.

If god was so powerful there would be no need for any pain or suffering at all and look what's happening. Why even bother creating life and then send them through a life filled with pain and discomfort to then send him to a blissfull afterlife.

Alex- You made some really good points. As someone who is a christian and does believe in God I have found myself questioning things on many occasions. It's really hard to explain why there is suffering in the world without going into the Bible and explaining the original 'fall' of man (Adam and Eve) and why suffering even entered the world in the first place. And though I am willing to show that to you from the Bible this probably isn't the time and the place, and you most likely don't want to hear it... although if you would want to, I would be happy to let you know my thoughts on this if it would help any. :D

For those of us who do believe in God and are christians, which UTvol says he is... we still suffer and go through tough times but we know we aren't suffering alone. I personally don't feel that the things that have gone wrong in my life are God's fault, in fact a lot of things that have happened to me have been due to humans choosing to inflict pain or my own wrong choices... not God. Yes, I believe He does 'allow' those things to happen, but doesn't cause them to. And in those things He helps me through them and has used them to make me a better, wiser person. I try to use the awful things that have happened to me for the better... to perhaps help others in similar situations.

Although there IS a lot of suffering in this world there's also a lot of good. But unfortunately God only gets credited for the bad things that happen, and we credit ourselves for the good... it's interesting how people who say they don't believe in God are quick to use His name as a swear word and blame Him when things go wrong. :-k

God only gets credited for the bad things that happen, and we credit ourselves for the good

Interesting point =D>

Adam

While I am not a praying man, it HAS BEEN PROVEN spiritual people who pray/meditate DO recover from illness, injuries, or surgeries faster. May not help the acne, but it sure as hell won't hurt.

Well most of the heat is out of this one but this is my belief. God has nothing to do with it. We are spiritual creatures in a biological vessel. Big bags of chemical and carbon. I like to equate the human race as "a bunch of skin bags" when I am less than impressed with our behavior. Fact of the matter is...sometimes the chemistry is off in our skin suit, and the hard thing is, even tho it's nuthin but a small bacterial breakdown in some random tissue, because it's our FACE it affects our identity which we equate w/ soul which is our connection to God. God doesn't give me acne in which to learn some grandiose ideal. I happen to be insecure and vain, which I need to accept are meaningless attachments.

Growing up in the Bible Belt here in Georgia, virtually 100% of the people here are Christian. I know some of you are muslim,jewish,hindu or even atheist. Didnt mean to bring up such a heated issue.

Take this for what its worth, but I truly believe that there is more here than what we can see. If you are telling me what we see when we look outside our windows was the result of nothing but a bunch of carbon, and other gases, then you can think that, but i cant.

A few years ago, an accident happened to me that wound up saving my life, a Brain Tumor was discovered, and I had it removed. If not for that freak accident, I wouldnt be here writing this message to all of you.

While I am not a praying man, it HAS BEEN PROVEN spiritual people who pray/meditate DO recover from illness, injuries, or surgeries faster. May not help the acne, but it sure as hell won't hurt.

How has it been proven?

Well most of the heat is out of this one but this is my belief. God has nothing to do with it. We are spiritual creatures in a biological vessel. Big bags of chemical and carbon. I like to equate the human race as "a bunch of skin bags" when I am less than impressed with our behavior. Fact of the matter is...sometimes the chemistry is off in our skin suit, and the hard thing is, even tho it's nuthin but a small bacterial breakdown in some random tissue, because it's our FACE it affects our identity which we equate w/ soul which is our connection to God. God doesn't give me acne in which to learn some grandiose ideal. I happen to be insecure and vain, which I need to accept are meaningless attachments.

You being insecure and vain is not your fault nor is it other peoples fault. Well my point was why would god create and allow such insecurities and incredible amounts of suffering to happen.

How has it been proven?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...G=Google+Search

Links to easily a few thousand sites on the subject. Enjoy.

dude thats just studies and theories. Just because something is being STUDIED does not mean its automatically true. It just means it's being looked into. Nothing has been proven.

Yah, it's the mentality that if it's not explanable then it's an act of god. I pick science over religion even though science is not infalible but it has time and time again corrected it self and shown that it can do that.

I'm gonna stop now because this has nothing to do with the regimen and people don't come here to argue about if there is a god or why god choses to do this.

How has it been proven?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...G=Google+Search

Links to easily a few thousand sites on the subject. Enjoy.

dude thats just studies and theories. Just because something is being STUDIED does not mean its automatically true. It just means it's being looked into. Nothing has been proven.

I never stated prayer cured anything, I stated it has been shown there is a link between prayer/faith/spirituality and lower recovery time of illness. Read back to my first post. Loners and hermits also recover from illness more slowly as compared to sociable people, apparently sociable people have more support, and thus recover faster. I think the prayer thing works by people turning to their deity, and FEELING like s/he's there, so it works sort of like the sociable thing--it's no longer just Mr. Smith, it's Mr. Smith and his deity fighting the illness.