Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spirit69

merck, irreligious, you there?!?

Help me! Have you guys taken or are you taking accutane? I want to know how long until it starts working and if if will help mild acne...

Will it clear blackheads and clogged pores? I have tons of them! My whole face is covered with clogs and is really bumpy! Do you know if you can use differin, retin-A or SOMETHING to unclog pores while on accutane?

Any advice would be great...someone... Hello? Thanks!

spirit,

from what i know, it takes 2 months to see major improvement. My acne is not severe, but Im taking it cause i'm producing too much dead skin cells that cause the clogging. accutane slows that down

so cells won't clog pores. that is why when people stay c clear after accutane whern the oil comes back. I woundn't put any thing else on it. I am like to my face looks worse then before I started

and Im like what did I do. hang in there its normal at the start, if anything call your dr. and let him know just in case, to give you peace of mind.

spirit,

from what i know, it takes 2 months to see major improvement. My acne is not severe, but Im taking it cause i'm producing too much dead skin cells that cause the clogging. accutane slows that down

so cells won't clog pores. that is why when people stay c clear after accutane whern the oil comes back. I woundn't put any thing else on it. I am like to my face looks worse then before I started

and Im like what did I do. hang in there its normal at the start, if anything call your dr. and let him know just in case, to give you peace of mind.

spirit,

spirit,

:wink: Thanks Merck!

I'll take your advice and be more patient. Sounds like you're taking the accutane for the same reasons I am.

So, when people get off accutane, their skin gets oily again? That sucks!

I was hoping it wouldn't get too oily anymore after the accutane. Well, if I quit breaking out and getting clogged pores, I guess I'll be happier than before. How long have you been taking accutane? Are you seeing a difference in your skin?

im taking it for a month. why did your dr. tell you? what kind of acne do you have? did he say it would help your acne plus the oil?

next time you go let him know about the clogged pores, i'm curious

Accutane will kill blackhead production and oil too, and in most cases it kills that excessive oil production forever....which leads to NO ACNE FOREVER. From the first day i started my acne faucet shut off,never had a initial breakout. In 20 days my face had no more active pimples.

clogged pores come from excessive oil production,so accutane will help rid clogged pores.