Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I <3 The Beatles

Started accutane today, second time I'll be on it

Also, I thought I would add that I am on 80 mg's a day. Last time I started on 20 a day for a while, then he crept me up to 40, 60, 80, 60, 40, and continued to ween me off slowly.

I am hoping that banging this stuff out at a high doseage will be more effective. Then I can start living my life eusa_dance.gif

dude seroiusly I bet the 80mgs will have you clear within 2 months no doubt. I bet your skin will just be uber dry from the effects the 80mgs has on ur skin. If your acne didn't come back as bad from the first course it sounds like it may come back very little or not at all after this one. About the drinking thing I know you are not suppossed to drink while on accutane but I drank a lot at school and I'm alright. I dont' suggest it but seriously if you want to get smashed I don't think it will hurt you all that much, and it helps to let loose sometimes and forget our problems. Well good luck bro, my first course of accutane took 9 months and it was helly hell.

dude seroiusly I bet the 80mgs will have you clear within 2 months no doubt.  I bet your skin will just be uber dry from the effects the 80mgs has on ur skin.  If your acne didn't come back as bad from the first course it sounds like it may come back very little or not at all after this one.  About the drinking thing I know you are not suppossed to drink while on accutane but I drank a lot at school and I'm alright.  I dont' suggest it but seriously if you want to get smashed I don't think it will hurt you all that much, and it helps to let loose sometimes and forget our problems.  Well good luck bro, my first course of accutane took 9 months and it was helly hell.

Guest Avian

DO NOT DRINK WHILE ON ACCUTANE!

If you drink then you increase your chances of severe or long term side effects and/or liver damage, and also increase your risk of depression. You have been warned...

DO NOT DRINK WHILE ON ACCUTANE!

If you drink then you increase your chances of severe or long term side effects and/or liver damage, and also increase your risk of depression. You have been warned...

hey guys i'm thinking of going on accutane too after summer. How much does accutane usually cost? and what are the side effects of accutane?? And does it really clear you up and reduce oil?

hey guys i'm thinking of going on accutane too after summer. How much does accutane usually cost? and what are the side effects of accutane?? And does it really clear you up and reduce oil?

Beatles its so funny how similar we are I drink hardcore on the weekends during school and just loved loved to get smashed cause when I was I had all my confidence back lol. I only had to pay 10 dollars a month for accutane beause my insurane covered most of it. I'm found it impossible to not be depressed when I have acne. Accutane didn't make me depressed I was already severely depressed b4 I started it and the breakout just made it worse.

Guest Avian

Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant and will therefore increase your chances of developing depression while on accutane. Accutane is incidentally a synthetic form of vitamin A, which has been known to cause depressive symptons for over 100 years.

The reason you are not supposed to drink while on the drug is because it puts extra strain on your liver. The liver is responsible for filtering out the accutane (which is essentially a toxin), and putting extra strain on it will result in less of the toxin being filtered out and/or damage to your liver.

So don't drink while on accutane, or you will seriously risk damaging yourself. Dare I say it, if you can't help drinking, you are an alcoholic, not a hardcore drinker.

Beatles its so funny how similar we are I drink hardcore on the weekends during school and just loved loved to get smashed cause when I was I had all my confidence back lol.  I only had to pay 10 dollars a month for accutane beause my insurane covered most of it.  I'm found it impossible to not be depressed when I have acne.  Accutane didn't make me depressed I was already severely depressed b4 I started it and the breakout just made it worse.

Hey beatles, how long has it been since your first time on accutane?

Im considering starting it... but it seems so pricey when most people have to go on it more than once.

Guest Avian
Dare I say it, you sound very condescending.  I do love my booze, but do you know how much I drink and exactly how frequently?  And if you read the above statement you would notice I said I would have A FEW EVERYONE ONCE IN A WHILE. 

A few = 2 (or maybe a little more)

Dare I say it, drink a few beers and enjoy life. 

Best of luck, if I took what you said the wrong way I apologize.  But, you sounded like a dick bro.........................................peace