Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
changbanger29

PROTECTION IN COLD WEATHER

Is there any way that I can protect my face in cold weather? I'm convinced that it's the cause of my acne. For the past three years, I've been breaking out real bad during Fall/Winter. But magically I clear up during the Spring/Summer. If you saw pictures of me, you'll notice the dramatic change in the year. So I'm looking for a way to protect my skin in cold weather, does lotion help? Can anyone help with my problem?

I've heard that it's typical for acne patients to get worse during the colder weather because the atmosphere dries out your skin more. And that usually when the weather warms up and the sun comes out, your skin will get better. SO, since the dry air has a lot to do with worsening acne, I would suggest moisturizing your skin and keeping it away from the wind, because the wind can do a lot of damage when the air is cold.

Changbanger, I'm in the same position as you. During cold weather my face seems to break out more than it does in warm weather. During the winter the heater's always on, so my skin tends to dry out easily. I would suggest the same as kristiana, just keep on moisturizing your skin to keep it from getting to dry. But now that the weather is warm (unless you live somewhere cold) then you should be fine, right? :D

Changbanger, I'm in the same position as you. During cold weather my face seems to break out more than it does in warm weather. During the winter the heater's always on, so my skin tends to dry out easily. I would suggest the same as kristiana, just keep on moisturizing your skin to keep it from getting to dry. But now that the weather is warm (unless you live somewhere cold) then you should be fine, right? :D

That's aerobunny, yeah I'm completely fine right now, I dont have a pimple in site. But during the cold weather, mainly December through February I was living in misery, embarassed of my acne. I avoided the outdoors, my friends, it plain sucked. I don't want that to happen again! Thanks for your input and I'm praying I can live a acne free winter.

you could just get a humidifier. it'll help your skin and hair from drying out in the winter.