Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaryTheres

Question for Youknowyou'reright

Youknowyou'reright,

You say microdermabrasion helped your shallow scars.... did it make them go away?

I have very very shallow scarring and purple marks (I suppose the purple marks that have no indent to them are simply discolorations, right?). I am hoping microdermabrasion can help...

I was recommended microdermabrasion and chemical peel treatments for my pretty superficial scars (though there are quite a few of them), though it seems like microdermabrasion was more highly regarded by my derm. Also said that the procedure will get rid of the blackheads on my nose which never go away. I've heard quite a few good things about microdermabrasion and most of the negative talk has been by people with deeper scars who shouldn't even bother with this treatment in the first place. But for folks with shallow scars, I'm guessing a series of 10-15 could really help out, and chemical peels could be used in collaboration to help even more. At least that's what I'm hoping.....

I was wondering if you can do your own form of microdermabrasion. What if you for example got a pumice stone (or extremely fine sandpaper) and gently start scrubbing your skin with it? would this have the same result?