Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misterperson109

question about applying benzoyl peroxide

in the video where dan applies the benzoyl peroxide to his face, i notice that he hasn't wetted his face with lukewarm water first, like the directions on the BP say to. Does not wetting your face first make the BP work better? Thanks in advance!

If you are using Brevoxyl wash, it is a WASH. So, yes you would wet your face first, wash, then rinse it off, do not leave it on. BUT, if you are wanting to do the Clear Skin Regimen, you need to ditch that wash, find one of the non-medicated gentle washes that Dan recommends, find a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide lotion or gel

(a leave-on product, not a wash), and find one of the recommended oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizers. If you need more information, go to the top of this page, and click on the link to the Regimen, read about what supplies you need. And post back if you have anymore questions.

If you are using Brevoxyl wash, it is a WASH. So, yes you would wet your face first, wash, then rinse it off, do not leave it on. BUT, if you are wanting to do the Clear Skin Regimen, you need to ditch that wash, find one of the non-medicated gentle washes that Dan recommends, find a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide lotion or gel

(a leave-on product, not a wash), and find one of the recommended oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizers. If you need more information, go to the top of this page, and click on the link to the Regimen, read about what supplies you need. And post back if you have anymore questions.

I doubt you did any harm, only leaving the wash on twice, don't worry about it.

I don't know where you live, but there are a few over-the-counter products you can find usually, in addition to Dan's gel. There is Neutrogena on-the-spot, it is a 2.5% bp product, and I believe in Canada they have an Oxy on-the-spot that is also 2.5% bp. Depends on where you live if any of those are available in your local store. Dan's gel can be ordered from the link on the front page of the website here.

There is quite a variety of cleansers and moisturizers that Dan recommends, and are pretty easy to find in local stores/drugstores.

Personally, I like the Purpose gentle cleansing bar, and I use the Eucerin Skin Renewal moisturizer, and the Neutrogena on-the-spot. Dan's regimen works very well when done consistently and correctly.

Hope this helps, and do not hesitate to post anytime.