Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormShadow

Can "ovedryign" with clearasil vanishing cream cau

permanent damage? I use clearsil face wash followed by 10% BP clearsil cream. Sometimes it overdries. Can this cause permanent damage or cause your skin to look older faster?

my goodness!!! you may be overdoing it. 10% cream? yowzers. BP is a chemical and overdoing could cause you to get wrinkles. if you are going to stick with this regimen make sure you moisturizer ALOT. i'd say drop down to 2.5%...or at least a 4 or 5%.

my goodness!!!  you may be overdoing it.  10% cream?  yowzers.  BP is a chemical and overdoing could cause you to get wrinkles.  if you are going to stick with this regimen make sure you moisturizer ALOT.  i'd say drop down to 2.5%...or at least a 4 or 5%.

godamnit! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

errrrrrrrrr what should I do????? *sigh*

now i'm even more worried. How can you tell if you're going to get wrinkles? Is using the face wash ok? Triclosan is the active ingredient in it.

er!!!!!

Toenail, I just read this on http://www.dermatologistskincare.com/glossary.htm

lemme know what you think

Benzoyl peroxide (BP) acts as an antibacterial agent against P. acnes, a bacterium that aggravates acne. Benzoyl peroxide is most effective against inflammatory acne that consists of papules, pustules and cysts. BP causes mild desquamation often with scaliness, peeling and cracking. The drying will not cause wrinkles. Start with the lower strength (2.5% or 5%) preparations first. The stronger strengths (5% & 10%) can be irritating. A gel is usually more drying and stronger than a lotion or a cream. A BP wash is a good way to start verses a BP gel, lotion or cream. Benzoyl peroxide can bleach the clothing or the sheets.

wrinkles don't pop up over night.

i heard that people felt that their skin was looking "older" after using bp. if i don't moistuerizer my face gets real scaley and yucky lookin but i haven't noticed it looking older(wrinkles). however i just use 2.5%. overtime slathering on 10% bp cream could cause some damage. cut back down to 2.5% or at least a 5% and use moisturizer. plus in your face wash there is ance fighting ingredients. then you put 10% bp on. so that's a double wammy. finish out what you have now(short term it isn't going to do anything but make you dry out). then get some on the spot(it's great stuff) and a gentle face wash.