Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All this talk of antibacterial soaps is getting me very curious and interested. I've been taking Minocycline and using tazorac and benzaclin which has significantly helped my active acne but on my back and chest I still have red marks and scars. Now this is where I turn to find out more about soaps. I've been using the Purpose bar soap for about 2 years and I really liked it but my skin still isn't as great as it could be. So right now I've narrowed it down to:

Dial Antibacterial Body Wash

Clearasil Oil-Free Daily Face Wash

Provon soap

Purpose

But which antibacterial ingredient will be more effective? Chloroxylenol or Triclosan?

I really want to clear myself up a lot more since summer is right around the corner.

It does, if you read abit more into that thread, say that Chloroxylenol is superior to the other one. So yeh try out the aloe based one highlighted in that thread or maybe go for the provon which is what i have ordered. Lets hope it works for the both of us.

Triclosan didn't help me. I read it originated as a pesticide. Chloroxylenol is used in hospitals and is said to be gentle on the skin.

Thanks to the both of you. Yeah I'm not sure whether to go for the AloeGuard or the Provon. Maybe both? Haha.

I used provon and now I'm using techni-care. TC may have too much PCMX in it and can be harsh. Aloeguard is definitely the way to to go over provon. It has aloe and is pH balanced. Also the concentration of PCMX is the one used in studies saying it kills acne bacteria for up to 12 hours. Provon has a little less; not totally sure if it makes a difference, but Provon wasn't the answer for me. You'll notice the provon users usually have it as part of a regimen, whereas I read a few people are able to do just aloeguard.