Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Guys,

I did a cross with 50% TCA and all the scabs have come off.I have a lot of thin boxcar's and some were very near each other and a few formed one scab.After falling off I notice that part of my skin i.e. not the scars but the normal skin has become a couple of shades lighter.Please tell me if anyone else has faced it and is this permanent and if it is then is there any solution. I am a guy so make up is not an option unless you have some suggestions with that either.

Please Please reply guys with an honest answer even if it is permanent

Hello Scared,

I have a few hypopigmented spots that are permanently lighter than the rest of my face. These have been here for several years and have never returned to my regular pigment.

On another note, some people on the board have mentioned that needling has helped with hypopigmentation. You might want to consider it if the lighter spots persist more than a few months.

One last thing - TCA cross usually leaves people with hyperpigmentation than hypopigmentation. When your scabs come off, are you applying sunscreen before going out in the sun? That could definitely cause pigment changes.

Hey Guys,

I did a cross with 50% TCA and all the scabs have come off.I have a lot of thin boxcar's and some were very near each other and a few formed one scab.After falling off I notice that part of my skin i.e. not the scars but the normal skin has become a couple of shades lighter.Please tell me if anyone else has faced it and is this permanent and if it is then is there any solution. I am a guy so make up is not an option unless you have some suggestions with that either.

Please Please reply guys with an honest answer even if it is permanent

Hi Your melanin will fill in over time, but it could take awhile so don't expect anything overnight. How long ago did you do the TCA?

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies and you poeple are really helpful.I did TCA last week and the scabs came of a couple of days ago.In a few places where I went over normal skin nothing happened and in a couple of places it has got a lot lighter.

Just hoping it is not permanent considering it was 50% TCA so it was not the real serious 100% TCA.Surprised it has not happened to anyone else considering this is such a common procedure.

Trust me after my scabs fell off my face was pink in those areas, and now they are white. I want my coloring to feel back in normally just like you... Until then I just try to look on the brightside telling myself would I rather have a dark spot or a light spot <<<< I choose a light spot! I asked to derm, and they both told me over time that my melanin will fill in... One of them also told me the sun would help. When I was on accutane my arms got really burnt and scabbed up (this has been a year ago) In the areas where the scabs were it turned white so I had alot of white patches (I mean alot) on my arms... But they have filled in perfectly... (They have been filled in for quite some time now!).