Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jabba

QUESTION FOR MAYA

I've seen that you recommend Copper Peptides from skinbio.com.

Do you recommend any particular product that's worked for you? I've been on the site and the number of products available is just overwhelming. I'm looking for something to help with discoloration, minor scarring and first age lines. I've just started the tape method as well, it's almost addictive!!!

If you're looking at shallow scaring and discolouration and fine wrinkles... I'll recommend doing ALL the following:

1. Weekly - 50% lactic peels

2. Daily - either scotch tape method OR Vinegar method (not the vinegar/lemon thread)

3. Copper peptide serum (just the standard one) every night

4. Jojoba oil as a moisteriser (at night only) - can get from most heath stores

5. Always wear a sunscreen - www.cosmeticscop.com do good ones.

You can get the lactic peels and copper peptides from www.homepeels.com

Hope that helps

Why does everyone want to 'see' me all of a sudden? Can't you all just believe me when I tel you I am a pitted mess? Hehehehe :D({|=

Not that I'm considering it.... but... how do you post photos? 8-[

Maya i think i know what your skin looks like because you have described it and your frequency of pits small and large. Hey if your kids even comment on it well geez they must be noticeable or your kids just must be little cheeky brats. I'm around kids and they say nothing about my face. But i hope your pits are filling in. There is no one on this board that works as hard on perfecting their skin as you and when you say:

Can't you all just believe me when I tel you I am a pitted mess?

Hey if your kids even comment on it well geez they must be noticeable or your kids just must be little cheeky brats.

Actually will - I often ask them to see if there is improvement of my pits, they are actually polite and hate to upset me, they can see how much effort I put into it all - I mean, they have seen me 1 hour after a needling session!! They are involved with my quest, whether they want to be or not.

I thought you said you only had 1 scar left? Mine are doted in the centre of my cheeks and forehead. Most of them are not the pin prick types - they are mainly chicken pox types.

My deeper pits unfortunately don't seem to have filled in much even after 2 needling sessions. I am aiming for Subcision, N-Lite and Isolagen now - I think it's my only hope!!

Jay - I understand why you want to see my photos - OK - I am prepared for regular posters to see them, ones that have posted here many times. I don't want them up on a board somewhere, but am prepared to email them to you for a personal viewing.

PM me and I will see what I can do.

Hi I'm taking some advice on here and getting some..

50% Lactic Acid Peel Kit, 2 oz.

Copper Peptide Serum, 4 oz.

from homepeel.com

It costs $111 which is ok, but then its $28 delivery to UK. Which is just about OK.

I live in UK and when I have ordered things from US before and had then shipped over I get stung for duty on them. I paid £7 for $30 worth of stuff. So duty on this order will be immense wont it? anyone in UK bought stuff from here and what duty did you pay? Is there any UK online retailer of lactic acid peel and copper peptide?

thx

user - I paid the tax too - as far as I am aware, this stuff is only available from the States - think the duty is around 15% of purchase cost

hmm damn thats like nearly a weeks wages for me in total. Is this stuff really worth it?

I need someone in US to buy it and send it to me as 'gift' so no tax hehe

How long will that stuff last me pls?

cheers

user - if you get the lactic peel kit (2oz), it will last around 20-25 peels. Do them weekly for 8 weeks, then do once a fortnight a few times, if you're done, then just do them monthly therafter.. or you can continue fortnightly... so that lasts over a year for full face!!

The copper peptides (if ordering 4oz bottle) will last at least 4 months - you only need to use a little.

So it does last for ages and works out to be quite cheap.

You will see good results after 3-4 peels.

thx for the info , one last thing...

lactic acid peel works better than Glycolic Acid peel?

cheers

Yes, I think so - they are more gentle (therefore unlikely to cause irritation) but just as effective - excellent for first time users. Just follow the instructions that come with them.

My scars are very similar to yours and last night my friends were picking on laurence fishbourne's (morpheous in matrix 1,2) skin condition, saying his face looks like the moon and someone went rampant with a shovel, crator galore etc....  

one of these people also joked about my scars too, saying hes going to call me crators from now on. my facial scars are nowhere near as severe as poor old laurence, im scar-free in some lighting, but i still copped it (and so did they in return).  

Jay my scars are not similar to yours and i think you need new friends if they are going to hassle you about your very minor ones. Laurence fishbourne has minor scarring it's just i think the texture of his skin is a bit bumpy(I have seen his face up close many a time so i know about what you are talking about). Some African American men often have similar texture where they shave and having a darker skin tone acentuates the bumps etc, but it certainly is nothing to be hassled about. Even Keanu Reeves has scarring (Why do you think he used to cover up his face with long hair in his early movies) but fortunately for him it is minor and his soft skin tone and texture hide them well. Your friends sound really shallow and judgemental. I fortunately hanged around intellectual types at Uni who in some cases had similar skin problems to me but our intelligence and take on life put our minds above anything petty as you described.

Actually will - I often ask them to see if there is improvement of my pits, they are actually polite and hate to upset me, they can see how much effort I put into it all - I mean, they have seen me 1 hour after a needling session!! They are involved with my quest, whether they want to be or not.  

I thought you said you only had 1 scar left?  

Ok point taken i got the wrong impression. Sorry to have dragged your kids into this but with the little info you gave us it is quite understandable for one getting the wrong idea.

I have many scars. I only seemed to have scarred from the big cysts, but i don't think my skin scars easy because it is still plump in a lot of areas where i had cystic breakouts. The only scar that bothers me is the one on my lower left cheek area. This of course was due to me squeezing it with a pin, and unfortunately i had two big cysts there which left two pits which formed one 1.5 cm scar. I also did nerve damage to the area which gives me headaches due to the throbbing ache sensation. I have a strong border to where the pin pierced the skin and that might be the hardest hurdle to overcome. If i didn't have this scar then i would be very happy with my self and my skin. I use the term scars but i mean the 3 in 1 scar that i have.