Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarred4life?

Subcision and N-Lite 45 day update

Well, i know it's been a while since I've been here. very busy lately.

As some of you might know I had subcision, spot TCA peel and N-Lite with dr. Rapaport on 4/1 and 4/3 for a cost of $1600.

Initially I was very dissapointed with the results. But it seems in the last week or 2 my scars have really started flattening out. I am very excited and it seems every day they continue to improve. I would say I am probably 50 - 60 % improved and getting better each day.

I am happy I chose the procedure I did and I think I will do it again when I stop noticing more improvements.

Hey, that's really great news!! 50% is an amazing result. Thanks for reporting back.

Scarred4life,

First, I'd like to tell you CONGRATULATIONS! That is very AWESOME news that you're seeing significant results, especially 50-60%. I bet you're tickled pink! :D Also, if you've seen Tamara's (ourfans) progress pictures, she has amazing results, too. I am so happy for you two!

Btw, I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing some before/after photo's of your progress, I think this gives much hope to all.

Again, congratulations!! :D

So scarred4life, you didn't see major improvement until month after your procedure?

Is there anyone here that has had multiple subsicions? I read that results are better after it is done a few times.

Hi Scarred for Life, great to hear from you.

I am 9 days post subcision. My atrophic scars on my left cheek have improved 90%. Pretty much gone. My deeper deperessed scar on my right cheek has dropped a bit. Prob back to 60-65%. Still improvement but man I guess that swelling can play tricks with you.

From what I've read, improvement continues to grow for people after 1 month so I hope I can get that right cheek back up to 70-80%.

SFL, did you apply or do anything to your scars over the last month or so?

Thomas, I am generally happy with the subcision. Reading SFL and Oursfan and some others progress, it seems that you continue to improve for a while so I will wait 2 months at least before I try it again. I only need a smell section subcised on my right cheek at most.

Congratulations SFL and Bulldog. I really believe in subcision as it has worked well for me. In my case, I didn't see improvement till around 3 months on some scars, so let's hope your continue improving!

BTW, I've had multiple subcisions and it has helped. Some scars which didn't improve the first time, improved the second. Some scars didn't improve much the second time. I think it varies since we are all different but is worth trying.

Thomas, sorry for the late reply. I tend to check the boards at weekends only. Not all my scars responded the same way - some didn't respond at all, some responded well. Some of the ones that didn't respond the first time, responded the second time. I haven't a digi camera so haven't taken pictures. For the ones that have responded, I think I've had a 20% to 50% improvement. None of my scars have levelled out completely but have elevated slightly. However, I do believe in subcision and without freeing the tethered down scars, I don't believe anything will help them. I don't think there is one magic cure - we need a combination of several.

I am so happy for you! :D/

I know it's been a difficult road but hopefully it's been worth it all. :)

It is strange how it takes 2-3 months before you see the final results, but that's just the way the skin & collagen work I suppose.

Thanks so much for keeping us posted and we'd love to see photos if you get the chance eventually.

Hi,

I’m new to the board 8-[ . I Just made an appointment to have Nlite done for under my eyes with Dr. Rapaport. About two months ago I had my SECOND chemical peel and dermabrasion in hopes of getting rid of some of my acne scars. I’m not satisfied with the results [-( . I was placed on two cycle of Actane during my teens and as a result I have a few acne scars that are really bothering me :D({|= . I would love to hear any info you have on these "newer" techniques offered by Dr. Rapaport. I dread going through the hell of another peel and dermabrasion, especially when it didn’t improve my condition ](*,) . I feel like I’m throwing my money down the drain. :D Any suggestions or information on results from Dr. Rapaport's procedures would be greatly appreciated. [-o<

Thanks,

Teresa

Hey I went to Dr. Rap for TCA and Subscision, it was alright, I mean i still think i blew my money away, but, I will say this, I did the Nlite with the YAG laser and my skin improved somewhat, although he charged an arm and a leg, and everytime he comes in to see you, he bolts out like a bat out of hell, like if he has to go take a fucking dump or something. I don't know what kind of scars you have, but do some reasearch and see what the best thing is, I kind of blew 3 G's, and I don't think it was alll that great, i think the best thing was the Nlite and Yag laser sessions.

Hi Teresa,

Personally, I think Dr. R is a good doctor..He has helped me a great deal. However I never thought he had the newest nlite machines. I know this because I've had Nlite sessions with him and others and was able to compare not only both laser machines but how each doctor administered the laser. From that experience I knew that Dr. R charged too much for too little. $650 dollars is not worth the few zaps he does. I found a doctor with a better Nlite machine who did it for $275 with a free touch up 2 weeks later. Not only was this a better price, but I was zapped alot more than with Dr. R. I think Dr. R is good for subcision and the localized TCA.

Good Luck

Now you really caught my attention. Each session of Nlite will cost me $400.00 :-s . He also told me that the rest between zap session would be one week :-k . Does that sound odd to you? He suggested a total of 5 sessions with one week breaks. I am beyond confused about that #-o . After doing research, I learned that in most cases you wait at least 30 days between session in order for the collagen to kick in. Who are you going to now and where is the doctor located?

To Teresa and more people who are using N-Lite.

I think i have "literally" searched for full over the net, and i think, after 5 N-Lite sessions (the 6th. will be on 26 of August), that there are a lot of important things to say:

a) I think the best way of having this laser is to repeat it 15 days or 30 days after first session. I don't know if one week is better, because the most of the people haven't done like this. But it sounds good.

B) One thing that is FULL FAKE: the improvement is seen in one month. [-X . I begin to see the improvement in 3-4 months. And if your scars are so bigger, more time.

Anyway, i think too that N-Lite is the best thing to get rid from acne scars. I want to try with smoothbeam too, but it isn't in my country.

I think that i will need maybe three or four more N-Lite sessions to have a 70-80 per cent of improvement.

And i think too that a very good doctor is needed too. In my first N-Lite session the doctor that i choose puts 2,5 j/cm2 of energy, and the results was good, but later, with another doctor, i have it at 3,7 j/cm2, and i think the improvement will be better.

Other thing: i don't know why, but in my country (Spain) the N-Lite laser is more cheaper that in USA or England. For 250-300 €, you'll have the two cheeks done.

The latest N-Lite machine is called N-Lite V, and you can see a photo of it in www.usaphotonics.com . If you see that your doctor doesn't have this machine, he is fooling you.

Good luck!

Thank you longit,

I never though of having Nlite on my entire face. So it seems that Nlite may help acne scars. I’m going to look into that. Your information on the time between sessions was very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to respond. It's hard to tell when a doctor is lying to you. :^o

Teresa

Teresa: ask all that you want!

I think N-Lite is good, but is not the full solution to medium-high scars. But yes, the improvement is good. In the page www.usaphotonics.com/clinical are good scientifical files (in .pdf) talking about all this.

I never heared from anyone to have the n-lite repeated in one week, because i think maybe you can "decrease" the collagen production, but i really don't know. Maybe you do it like this, and you discover a nice improvement!! (if you do it, please let us knowwwwwwwww :D ).

I think best treatment is to wait 16-30 days for the next session.

Please post with the results, and if you can please ask to your doctor what level of energy used on you.

I hope you'll get the best of improvements!

Guest Scorpioness

Hello...

I don't know a lot about lasers, but to those who do check this out:

http://healingtools.tripod.com/WXL_bpw.html

This is a 'laser' for home use that you can buy online, called a 'BioPhoton Wand.' Does anyone here know how something like this would compare to N-Lite?

I'm thinking about ordering one... apparently it works on acne scars over time.....

Peace,

Scorpion

Hi,

It’s been awhile since I posted about Dr. Rapport in NJ. This is really troubling me. I went in to have my Nlite around the eyes and was told that a few zaps would cost me $1,000.00. I could have sworn during my consultation he stated 400.00 per session. I was puzzled and a bit taken aback. I even had 400.00 cash in my hand bag for payment. I left the office without the procedure and felt like a complete fool. Has anyone paid $1000.00 for one NLITE treatment around the eyes. I was going to try Nlite around the eyes and then after observing the results was going to look into having my entire face done for acne scars. HELP! Anyone that has been to him please share. After he rushed out of the room his coordinator spoke with me. After speaking to her we discussed the Erbium Yag laser as an option at 2000.00 a session for ONLY THE EYE area. If it cost 2,000.00 for the eye area I shutter to think what the entire face costs. I’m truly confused. Any suggestions on doctors in the northern New Jersey area please. I don’t feel comfortable at this point with how I was treated at his office.

Teresa

Teresa

Nlite is expensive and cost about 15-1600 for full face. You should think about doing smoothbeam since it is cheaper and needs multiple sessions the same as Nlite.

Erbium laser cost about 4000-5000 for full face in the NYC area.

Also remember that the eye area is sensitive and takes longer to do.

I found a Derm in Westport CT that does smoothbeam full face for 300 per session. I've not met him yet, but I'm looking in to him.

http://www.leluck.dermdex.net/